Author Topic: Multipad starting at first beat  (Read 517 times)

Offline valimaties

Multipad starting at first beat
« on: November 09, 2017, 01:01:16 PM »
I saw in different demos, that some of multipads starts on the next-measure first-bit, without multipad synchro start. How those are made?! Am I missing something?

Offline voodoo

Re: Multipad starting at first beat
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 01:36:45 PM »
Midi multipads always sync to style and start at next one.
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline valimaties

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 03:44:21 PM »
Midi multipads always sync to style and start at next one.

I have to contradict you. I made a midi multipad on T5... it starts when I press the button, not on next measure start...

Offline voodoo

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 04:52:44 AM »
I have to contradict you. I made a midi multipad on T5... it starts when I press the button, not on next measure start...

Ok, this is interesting. The Genos operating manual contains this statement on page 70:

While the Style or MIDI Song is playing
back, pressing the Multi Pad button
starts playback at the top of the
next measure. When the Style or
MIDI Song is stopped, pressing the
Multi Pad button starts playback
immediately.

And the same holds for S970 and Tyros 5. But I did not try, so I cannot explain, why this appears for you.

Uli
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 04:54:37 AM by voodoo »
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline valimaties

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 01:51:39 PM »
So I think my Tyros 5 has a big bug on this thing because that not happening ever. It starts only if if I put it in Synchro mode ( :o ). Maybe Genos has growth  ::)

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 02:06:00 PM »
'One shot' multipads (drum hits, SFX, etc) will sound immediately when you push the pad, but 'looped' (rhythmic)  multipads start at the next downbeat.  That's how they've always functioned on my Tyros 2,3, 4, and 5 and, I presume, on my soon-to-be Genos...
Yamaha Genos, Nord Stage 3, Kurzweil SP6.
Thatís all folks!

Offline DavidB

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 02:11:40 PM »
I have 2 home made repeating multipads that I made on my Tyros 2 and are now on my Tyros 4 and I'm hoping will transfer to my Genos when I get it... they start immediately on pressing the multipad button and are in now way tied to any style or playing rhythm or timing.
Just don't mention Genos USB drive letter assignments :)

Offline voodoo

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 02:40:12 PM »
'One shot' multipads (drum hits, SFX, etc) will sound immediately when you push the pad, but 'looped' (rhythmic)  multipads start at the next downbeat.  That's how they've always functioned on my Tyros 2,3, 4, and 5 and, I presume, on my soon-to-be Genos...

Yes, that's the explanation. Only when loop is switched on they will start on next one.
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline valimaties

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 03:36:22 PM »
Yes, that's the explanation. Only when loop is switched on they will start on next one.

It's not an explanation that you can found on manual... indeed, my multipad don't loop because i want to terminate itself, I have to press too much buttons when sequence of multipad ends (some strings)... pfff ..  I didn't know the loop is the key for next bar start...
Thanks!

Offline whataguy

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 03:50:12 PM »
Sorry, I forgot how to change topic. Does anyone have a leadsheet for 'nothing I can do about it now' by Willie Nelson. This forum is my last gasp, I sure wish I could do the play-by-ear thing. Thanking all of of you in advance . . . SEMPER FI 'til I die!