Author Topic: Creating Audio Link Multipad  (Read 508 times)

Offline karl28

Creating Audio Link Multipad
« on: November 07, 2017, 10:50:15 AM »
Hi,
I've created a few multipads by Audio-link and saved them to the User area on the Genos. They play fine, however, once I remove the usb pen, I'm unable to play the muktipads and the lights go unlit. I presumed I wouldn't need to leave the usb pen in one is saved the recording to the user area?

Regards,

Karl

The following users thanked this post: StuartR

Offline voodoo

Re: Creating Audio Link Multipad
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 12:19:08 PM »
You saved the multi pads to internal area. But where are the wave files?
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline karl28

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 12:57:54 PM »
They're on my pen. I presumed they went on to the genos when I saved them. I'm guessing they haven't and can't work out how to get them on.

Regards,

Karl

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 02:35:00 PM »
Audio Link MultiPads only contain a link to the storage location of the wave files when the MP was made.  They do not contain the actual wave files themselves.

So if you want an Audio Link MP to find the wave file when there is no USB connected to the keyboard, you need first to copy the wave files to a drive that is always available to the keyboard OS, which could be the User drive for example.

The MPs that you have already made will continue to look for the files on the USB drive, and unless the correct device is connected will still not find the wave files!

So once the wave files have been copied to the User drive folder that you want to use, you will need to remake the Audio Link MPs, navigating to the audio files in their new storage location on the User drive.  The MPs will then find the correct wave files even if no USB is connected.

Regards

Ian   

Offline karl28

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 02:43:30 PM »
That makes sense Ian. Can you explain how to copy them into the user drive please?
Thanks.
Karl

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 03:27:28 PM »
Hi Karl,

I don't have a Genos to confirm this,  but I would assume that the first thing to do is to open the Audio File Selection screen as you would do if you wanted to select an audio file to play.

Looking at the manuals, it would seem that to do this you press the [SONG] button to call up the Song Playback display. Make sure that Dual Player mode is selected.

Touch the Song name in the Song A or B area.  The Song Selection display should open.

Touch [Audio] to select an Audio song, then navigate to the relevant drive/folder containing the audio file.

I assume that the top line of the selection display contains the 'File' icon/button that opens the 'file management' options, which should allow you to select files to 'Copy' and then 'Paste' to a writable drive.   File management  is described in the Owner's Manual starting on page 37.

Regards

Ian

Offline karl28

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 03:39:04 PM »
Hi Ian,

You're a star! That's fixed it thanks 👍. I'd never of thought of that. It's something that I've never used on my  Tyros 5. I'll have another read through the manual again.

Thanks again,

Karl

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 03:00:42 PM »
Hi
Would It not be better to have all your wave files on the usb underneath the Genos.
Plug a 64 gig one In there and make a link to that .That free's up the internal drive for onboard sounds and user styles etc.
Only a suggestion

All the best
John

Offline karl28

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 02:52:24 AM »
Hi John,

That's a very good idea.

Regards,

Karl