Author Topic: Help with Opentext  (Read 202 times)

Online ekurburski

Help with Opentext
« on: November 06, 2017, 01:48:21 PM »
I have been tring to download Opentext by Michael Bedesem from the page on the tutorial site.  I have the program but it will not install on my pc.  Any help would be most appreciated.
PSR740, PSR3000, tx7, mt32, mirage, ProTiools 10,11 Sonar,  Reaper, BIAB2018 an a 4' stack of computer Music mags

Offline Roy_T

Re: Help with Opentext
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 03:50:55 PM »
Earl

I just downloaded and installed Open Text on my Windows Vista PC, so we know the install file is good, but it took the Vista User Accounts Control over a minute to ask me for permission to allow the install.  This is typical of my system, but if yours is similar, you may have to wait a bit for the install to start.

Do you get any kind of error message when you try to install it ?

Do you get the "Installing Open Text" window with the installation status bar in the middle ?

There is a chance you may have received a bad download, so you might want to delete the download you got and download a new copy.

Roy
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:03:37 PM by Roy_T »

Offline MBedesem

Re: Help with Opentext
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 05:09:14 PM »
Here is some information from the MixMaster Manual:

Troubleshooting

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the programů or any other window warning.

Run the program as Administrator.

A. In Windows 7, right click on the desktop icon and select Properties/ Shortcut tab. Then depress the Advanced button and check the Run as Administrator.

B. If this is unsuccessful, try:Start/ControlPanel. Select System and Security. Select the System Topic.

Click Advanced system settings. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Under Performance, click Settings.

Click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.

To turn off DEP for an individual program, select the check box next to the program that you want to turn off DEP for, and then click OK.If the program is not in the list, click Add. Browse to the Program Files folder, find the executable file for the program (it will have an .exe file name extension), and then click Open. Click OK, click OK in the System Properties dialog box if it appears, and then click OK again. You might need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

When finished click Apply and Ok.
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Online ekurburski

OpenText installed!!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 07:15:15 AM »
OK gang I finally got it installed.  Just had to be patient enough to let it get to it!
PSR740, PSR3000, tx7, mt32, mirage, ProTiools 10,11 Sonar,  Reaper, BIAB2018 an a 4' stack of computer Music mags