Author Topic: Can't Post replies  (Read 894 times)

Online DonM

Can't Post replies
« on: March 04, 2018, 08:12:16 PM »
I know the moderators and Joe are working on it, but it is really frustrating to not be able to reply and keep getting the "message blank" message.
Such a loss to the membership when I am unable to selflessly share a small portion of my vast knowledge and intelligence!  :)
Did anybody buy that at all? 

Offline Toril S

Re: Can't Post replies
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 08:22:27 PM »
I did😀😀
Toril S

PSR S970, PSR 2100 and PSR-47.

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline panos

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 08:51:29 PM »
I just copy paste my post before click on "Reply" to be sure.
Usually when I just delete a mark like these " ' : ?  then I can post my reply without a problem.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 08:53:35 PM »
I just copy paste my post before click on "Reply" to be sure.
Usually when I just delete a mark like these " ' : ?  then I can post my reply without a problem.

I do that too, but often it won't take the reply no matter how many times I try. And then I go do something else and lose the data in the clipboard.

I agree with Don -- very frustrating.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 09:41:44 PM »
I get strange symbols when I try to use smileys. There must be something wrong with codes. They are sorting it out.
Toril S

Offline Joe H

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 09:59:52 PM »
I get strange symbols when I try to use smileys. There must be something wrong with codes. They are sorting it out.

I was beginning to think maybe you were from another planet.

:)

Joe H
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 11:02:54 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 10:07:10 PM »
I am, Joe H, but don't tell anyone yet  :)
Toril S

Online Roger Brenizer

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 04:11:43 AM »
I believe by now you all know I'm working on this issue.  If you would like a temporary workaround, just don't use a contracted word as the first word beginning a paragraph.  I've done enough testing in the last few days and I believe that the apostrophe is causing the problem.

It may also be a combination of a contracted word preceded by an EOL (End Of Line) code (hitting the Enter Key) that's causing the problem.  I was hesitant to post this information at all, but I know you're all becoming frustrated by not being able to post.  I hope this helps you until the permanent adjustment can be made to the forum code.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogers PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: jm

Online DonM

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 04:19:09 AM »
Thank you Roger.  I will try this.  No contractions, no pastes, no cuss words.
DonM

Online DonM

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 04:19:57 AM »
Let's
 see now.  The other thing worked, at least this time.
DonM

Online DonM

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 04:21:04 AM »
Just playing around Roger.  Feel free to delete.  You may be on to something, or maybe it just decided to work for a while.  :)
DonM

Online Roger Brenizer

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 04:41:35 AM »
The reason your "let's" worked, in the above example, was because it wasn't preceded by the Enter Key, Don.  If you were to have started a new paragraph and used the word "Lets" to begin the first sentence, your post would have failed.

I really didn't want to discuss this anymore than what I said above.  As I said above; "I was hesitant to post this information at all", but this will eventually be resolved.  I simply wanted everyone to have a temporary workaround in the meanwhile.

I hope you're feeling better, my friend.  :)  :)  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogers PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: panos

Offline Joe W

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 08:43:17 PM »
Thanks to Roger's research on this issue, he was able to work with SimpleMachines and with Lunarpages and resolve this problem.  Hopefully, we will not see any additional problems in posting messages or replies. 
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Online DonM

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 11:53:05 PM »
Thanks to Roger's research on this issue, he was able to work with SimpleMachines and with Lunarpages and resolve this problem.  Hopefully, we will not see any additional problems in posting messages or replies. 
Then, what will we have to complain about?  :)  You're no fun Joe! 
Seriously, thanks for all you do, and thanks to Roger and the other moderators as well.