Author Topic: Bonus Audio-Styles for Genos working on Tyros 5  (Read 886 times)

Offline pethep

Bonus Audio-Styles for Genos working on Tyros 5
« on: November 04, 2017, 09:55:39 AM »
Hi, on this side i found Yamaha Bonus Audio-Styles for Genos. I have load its via YEM in my Tyros 5 and this is a super sound!!!

https://de.yamaha.com/de/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs
Greetings
Peter

Beginner, earlier PSR-S900 now Tyros 5

Offline emasters

Re: Bonus Audio-Styles for Genos working on Tyros 5
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 11:56:27 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up regarding this!

Offline browzer

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 12:17:03 PM »
Hi, on this side i found Yamaha Bonus Audio-Styles for Genos. I have load its via YEM in my Tyros 5 and this is a super sound!!!

https://de.yamaha.com/de/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

pethep,

Am I reading this correctly? Have you downloaded the audio styles from the Tyros5 and loaded them into a Tyros5?  ???

Ronnie
Tyros 5

Offline pethep

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 01:21:46 PM »
Yes Ronnie, I have it. Downloaded for Genos and installed on Tyros 5
Import in to the YEM and installed to Tyro5. The Memory for Audio Style Wave Size in YEM is max. 124 MB, so you can not installed all the Bonus Styles in one time.
The Sound is Great!!!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 01:27:51 PM by pethep »
Greetings
Peter

Offline stitch-up

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 03:12:55 PM »
Thank you for this :)

John
Tyros 5 Since May 2017

Offline Seagull29

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 03:44:53 PM »
Hello,
I loaded them in my T5 and did'nt find any difference, they're exactly the same and same sound. This bonus is just to use audio styles on Genos. They're original audio styles from T5.

Offline Marcus

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 06:46:49 AM »
Well, I loaded them to my YEM from the Genos site, but never tried installing them to my Tyros 5. Good to know they work on the Tyros 5, telling me that they are the exact same compatible format of Audio Style. Perhaps the audio section was reworked to sound better in these versions or other style parts were redone.

Even if upgraded slightly, still not worth saving to the Audio style memory for essentially the identical style, that is dedicated for the expansion audio styles. I will have to try them on a Genos, if and when I get one, and see if they are upgraded in anyway. Any benefits to the upgraded Genos version will not be compatible on the Tyros 5 anyway.

Marcus
Gear: Triangle

Offline pethep

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 07:37:26 AM »
@Seagull29

You're right, I did not look exactly, I thought they were bonus styles for genos.
I'm so sorry. :'(
Greetings
Peter

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 07:53:37 AM »
But, all the Bouspacks at Genos downloadpage, is'nt that T5 "onboard" styles not present at Genos?
If so, what's the point to load it into T5?
Cheers & Happy Playing.  :)
GJ

Offline Marcus

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 09:16:10 AM »
But, all the Bouspacks at Genos downloadpage, is'nt that T5 "onboard" styles not present at Genos?
If so, what's the point to load it into T5?
No, the Tyros 5 Audio Styles are not on the Genos. Neither are any other Tyros 5 styles exactly same, even Tyros 5 styles of the same name would have considerable changes and reprogramming to match the upgrades on the Genos. Audio Style compatibility on the Genos almost seems like an afterthought, since Yamaha seemed to abandon the technology in favor of the Revo drums.

Perhaps as previous Tyros Premium content was being converted and upgraded for Genos owners to upload to their expansion, Yamaha wanted to avoid complaints (maybe some outrage) if the previously Premium Audio Style packs didn't work or would miss out on the 40 or so Tyros 5 factory Audio Styles on their Genos.

I really thought originally that Yamaha was converting the Expansion Audio Style Packs with Revo Drums for the original style audio part. Very much prefer that the Audio section remain intact, as I really like the Audio style technology (however quite limiting verses MIDI/editing). Glad Yamaha decided to keep compatibility to this format and perhaps offer even more expansion Audio styles or eventually allow user Audio Style parts.

Marcus
Gear: Triangle