Author Topic: Martin Harris demo at Guitar Center  (Read 628 times)

Offline maartenb

Martin Harris demo at Guitar Center
« on: November 03, 2017, 05:11:55 AM »
New Martin Harris demo at Guitar Center. It contains a lot of material already covered in his Sweetwater and Kraft Music demoes:

Yamaha GENOS 76-key Flagship Arranger Workstation

Maarten

The following users thanked this post: Marcosf

Offline pjd

Re: Martin Harris demo at Guitar Center
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 07:08:51 AM »
Thanks, Maarten!

If there's a common pattern to the three retailer videos, it's how Yamaha is trying to position the Genos in the USA as a songwriter's tool.

I was surprised to see a video from Guitar Center since a current model Tyros is rarely -- if ever -- found in a GC brick and mortar store.

Take care -- pj

Offline DavidB

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 07:12:06 AM »
Thanks, Maarten!

If there's a common pattern to the three retailer videos, it's how Yamaha is trying to position the Genos in the USA as a songwriter's tool.

I was surprised to see a video from Guitar Center since a current model Tyros is rarely -- if ever -- found in a GC brick and mortar store.

Take care -- pj

I haven't seen a single thing in Yamaha's marketing campaign to date of the Genos that is US centric. I think you'll find it's a world wide campaign and worldwide positioning.

Regards,
Just don't mention Genos USB drive letter assignments :)

Offline pjd

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 10:07:19 AM »
Hi David --

I'm merely pointing out that GC, Sweetwater and Kraft are US retailers and this is how Yamaha wish to portray the Genos to US customers. These videos are targeting US customers visiting these on-line retailers.

Now, I grant that this aspect of Yamaha's message is valid for other markets. However, I guarantee that you won't find any GC, Sweetwater or Kraft videos playing Schlager;D

All the best to ya -- pj

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 07:00:04 PM »
GC, at all those that I have visited, rarely has even the MOTL PSR-S series Yamaha keyboards in stock in their stores. Most of them only carry synths, and very few arrangers. However, they will order anything you wish, and they often will price match.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 07:54:55 PM »
I have never seen a Tyros (myself ever) in any store Willis or GC around here. My local Willis store does carry the PSR keyboard. They don't sell many I was told (and they would not match pricing of Frank) and because nobody at the store really knew how to demo one .. lol