Author Topic: Importing Music Finder files to Genos - Data did not load properly  (Read 540 times)

Offline gdoakley@comcast.net

I tried Importing Music Finder files to Genos and here is the message I got after a few minutes - Data did not load properly. The Genos did load 149 files out of over 1873. I used a new formatted USB stick. Any ideas for a solution?

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Importing Music Finder files to Genos - Data did not load properly
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 05:42:16 AM »
Have you tried with the latest firmware Version 1.10 installed?

Is there anything common to all the records that didn't load?

For example do they all load an Audio file, or a MIDI song?  Do they try to load a user style?

You could post the MFD file here along with a note of a few specific records that don't load.  We can look at the file to see if there is anything obvious.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 05:43:59 AM by tyrosaurus »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 10:46:01 AM »
If you have premium voices, premium packs in most of your records, that's why... there are not yet converted for Genos.

2. The usb stick is fat32 formatted?

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 08:38:12 AM »
I installed the firmware update and the files loaded properly. Next question. I see 195 user registration banks. Great I pick one and load it. On the home screen I see the registration bank at the top but the style does not have the same name as the file. How do I get the style to play properly? Music finder was so easy and I am not used to using registration banks. I am doing everything that the reference manual says to do. Thanks for any help with this.

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 08:58:34 AM »
Update. I found that I go to Playlist and find the file and hit load and exit. On the home screen I see the name of the song at the top left as a registration bank and the preset style used for that song shows in the style. The preset files play just fine. But any of my user created songs, which is the ones I wanted the most, will not use the style I used to create the song. Some songs used an expansion pack, I get that, but a large number used the stock styles in the Tyros. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks