Author Topic: DGX660 Creating a fuller, deeper sound.  (Read 196 times)

Offline Chelsea 4023

DGX660 Creating a fuller, deeper sound.
« on: November 01, 2017, 05:28:18 PM »
Hi,
I have just purchased a used DGX660 in white (at a very good price) for my niece and nephew (both under five). I understand forum members will probably shout 'overkill' but I think their Dad is likely to make use of it also and it would be nice for the kids to grow up musically with a good instrument to play on.

The question I would like to ask is regarding additional sound systems to play the DGX660 through. When I play it through the internal speakers at around 70% volume, it sounds great to me. The only slightly negative aspect is in the bass/lower frequencies/fullness of sound. I was thinking of my options, and would appreciate Forum members opinions. The options below would be used alongside the DGX internal speakers.

1) A 2.1 sub sat system like you get for P.C.'s. There are some very good ones available, e.g. Bose. Harman Kardon Soundsticks III, etc.
2)A set of hi-fi speakers with a stereo hi-fi amplifier (I have a Denon PMA520 amp and a pair of Q.Acoustic 2020i speakers in storage) although would it still lack bass without a small sub.
3) Connecting only an active subwoofer to the DGX to improve the low frequencies (I would have to set the crossover on the sub). Using together with the DGX internal speakers should give a nice full sound.
Chris 

Offline s_cristi

Re: DGX660 Creating a fuller, deeper sound.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 10:53:20 PM »
Hi Chris,

Congrats on choosing such a nice keyboard!

Have you tried the Preset EQ settings?
Last week I replaced a lamp-failing  display on a DGX-630 and while browsing the menu I noticed the difference it makes when I changed the EQ (speaker, headphones, LineOut 1 and 2, ...)

1+2) Adding a 2.0/2.1 audio system surely has to do the job.

3) I don't know how you can get both the internal speaker and the phones/output working, unless the new operating system allows it (like on PSR-S770 and higher - internal speakers  on/off/headphone switch). If there is this possibility an active sub would work too.

Regards!
Blessed be the Lord God Almighty!
PSR S770  8)

Offline vbdx66

Re: DGX660 Creating a fuller, deeper sound.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 01:13:55 AM »
Hi Chris and congratulations for your purchase :)

Your family will undoubtely have years of enjoyment with the DGX 660, which is a very fine choice if your children want to play the piano.

When you have found a solution for a better amplification, please post it here as I am sure many users of this board, including myself, would be happy to improve further the sound of their DGX digital piano.

Best Regards,

Vinciane.
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650