Author Topic: Two Keyboards  (Read 238 times)

Offline Lofty(dave)

Two Keyboards
« on: October 29, 2017, 10:13:14 AM »
Recently I got my P.S.R 2100 keyboard back and I wish to couple it to my s970 I know you can connect the two via midi leads but how do you get the keyboards to play independently instead of getting the voices from one keyboard

I have fitted the 2100 as the bottom keyboard and the 970 the top I did have a np30 connected to my ty4 at one time which controlled the left hand and rhythm . but having watched members on here playing with two keyboards I just thought I would give it a try . hope you can help thanks in advance Lofty (Dave)

Offline SeaGtGruff

Re: Two Keyboards
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 01:20:59 PM »
If you want to play the two keyboards independently, then there's no need to connect them via MIDI; just position one above the other for a two-tier setup.
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Online Toril S

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 01:39:17 PM »
Hello. Since I also have both these models, I am following this to see if there will come any suggestions for doing something fun with the two together!
Toril S

PSR S970, PSR 2100 and PSR-47.

http://psrtutorial.com/perf/torilSusegg.html

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 03:06:07 PM »
Certainly you can connect both together-- PSR-2100 MIDI OUT to PSR-S970 MIDI IN, as well as PSR-S970 MIDI OUT to PSR-2100 MIDI IN, so you can use either keyboard as a controller for the other. And you can connect both keyboards to a computer via USB, for sequencing or recording with a DAW. And you can connect the PSR-2100 AUX OUT or OUTPUT to the PSR-S970 AUX IN if you want.

You might feel like you need to know what all the options are so you can decide which ones to try; but sometimes it's better to start by thinking about what you'd like to do, then see what you'll need to do to accomplish it. After all, a map is just a drawing of a bunch of towns, roadways, and terrain; it doesn't really become useful until you pick a destination. :)

So... where do you want to go with a two-tier setup? Are you planning to play the two keyboards independently of each other? In that case, you don't need them to be connected to each other, although you might want to connect both of them to something else, such as a mixer, interface, sound system, or computer. If you do want to connect them together, how do you want to use one with the other? That will determine which types of cables you'll need (audio or MIDI) and which ports you'll need to plug the cables into (i.e., from which port on keyboard A to which port on keyboard B).
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443