Author Topic: How Are Favorite Voices Stored  (Read 342 times)

Offline gerard

How Are Favorite Voices Stored
« on: October 27, 2017, 08:29:57 AM »
Until I get my Genos, does anybody know how Favorite Voices, would be the same for Favorite Styles too, are stored?
Are they stored A to Z, or are they stored in the order of how they were entered?
If they are stored in the order of how they were entered, you could have 10 favorite voices for say country on one page, 10 favorite voices for big band on page 2, 10 favorite voices for rock on page 3.

Gerard

Offline valimaties

Re: How Are Favorite Voices Stored
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 10:39:37 AM »
Until I get my Genos, does anybody know how Favorite Voices, would be the same for Favorite Styles too, are stored?
Are they stored A to Z, or are they stored in the order of how they were entered?
If they are stored in the order of how they were entered, you could have 10 favorite voices for say country on one page, 10 favorite voices for big band on page 2, 10 favorite voices for rock on page 3.

Gerard

Favorite is not like a Voice which must have a MSB, LSB and PC.. I think is more like a shortcut to that voice. I'm shure this will be a challange to Jorgen or MB to make a small app that can change the position in fav list. That if Yamaha does not think yet to this thing an put a function for rearrangement of favorites ;)

Offline StuartR

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 06:07:24 PM »
Favorite is not like a Voice which must have a MSB, LSB and PC.. I think is more like a shortcut to that voice. I'm shure this will be a challange to Jorgen or MB to make a small app that can change the position in fav list. That if Yamaha does not think yet to this thing an put a function for rearrangement of favorites ;)

I know this has been covered before but the Genos favorites option only works with Preset voices and styles. Now I can understand not allowing them on removable media but not for Expansion items? I hope they change this in a future update.

Offline gerard

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 06:18:08 PM »
Yes, FAVORITE only work with PRESET voices and styles.
And they are stored in the order you entered them.
For me that is ok.
When I am playing a song though, it is not easy to call up FAVORITE voices.
I wish it would allow changed voices like JAZZ STANDARD organ that I modified for what I need and is saved in USER area.

Gerard
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 06:19:30 PM by gerard »

The following users thanked this post: pjd