Author Topic: how to best set up new tune  (Read 393 times)

Offline ekurburski

how to best set up new tune
« on: October 27, 2017, 06:38:56 AM »
OK, I want to start actually setting up the 3000 to play a gig.  What is the best way to set things up so as to be able to call up a tune with all of its proper settings, style, voices OTS etc?  I would like to pull up the settings with as few button presses as possible and have a method that will allow me to remember how to recall the tune.
PSR740, PSR3000, tx7, mt32, mirage, ProTiools 10,11 Sonar,  Reaper, BIAB2018 an a 4' stack of computer Music mags

Offline Fred Smith

Re: how to best set up new tune
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 07:47:13 AM »
OK, I want to start actually setting up the 3000 to play a gig.  What is the best way to set things up so as to be able to call up a tune with all of its proper settings, style, voices OTS etc?  I would like to pull up the settings with as few button presses as possible and have a method that will allow me to remember how to recall the tune.

Registrations will do everything you want.
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 08:18:20 AM »
Earl, have you checked the Music Finder Directly that I installed in the PSR-3000. There should be about 570 songs for you to select from there, and there were a large number of registrations already onboard that I created. What is the name of the song you wish to create?

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: ekurburski

Offline ekurburski

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 10:35:25 AM »
Gary, I've got to admit I looked at it but didn't go into great detail.  I will look at this again.  Still mucking my way about here.

Fred, WOW!  Read through a great deal of the registration lessons today.  A lot here.  I do think this is the area I need to concentrate on as it will do what I'm looking to do.  Thanks so much for guiding me your lessons.

Earl
PSR740, PSR3000, tx7, mt32, mirage, ProTiools 10,11 Sonar,  Reaper, BIAB2018 an a 4' stack of computer Music mags

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 11:44:04 AM »
Earl
The two guys who responded above are certainly the most expert to help you with either MFD or registrations. Fred has dome some video tutorials on how to set up registrations that are very easy to follow. Both systems work well for what you need to do, and there probably equal believers in each systems. And of course you can mix and match both systems for different songs.
MFD is simple and good if you are the kind of player who is happy to use a single set up for each song, and also lends itself to setting up playlists for a whole gig. It has some limitations especially on the 3k, where you can only link it to onboard styles. Later PSR models let you link MFD records to custom styles.
Registrations are really good if you like more complex set ups where you change as you go through a song - ie verses, chorus etc. You probably need to be little more organized with registrations because you will need to have guides to remind you what is in each registration, and were to change, whereas with MFD you just have the song title, so not much to remember.
There is a lot of information on this forum on both systems, so do a search and read, try out both, then decide.
Mike   

Offline ekurburski

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 03:23:46 PM »
Thank you for your input Mike.  I am realizing that there is a very complex system behind the 3000 and am slowing coming to grips with it.  I will continue to read the lessons in detail to learn even more.

Earl

Offline Afton72

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 04:04:55 AM »
  Earl,   
                Don't miss Fred's great vids on Regs, before you decide.

Good Luck,           
                                    Alan

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 08:34:25 AM »
I wrote this several years ago, but all the information is still good for the 3000.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/lessons/playing/regist/10regGD.html

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...