Author Topic: Another Genos demo on YouTube - “Deane1940” - 1st Gig  (Read 1050 times)

Offline vbdx66

Another Genos demo on YouTube - “Deane1940” - 1st Gig
« on: October 26, 2017, 08:59:33 AM »
Hello to all,

Just stumped on this demo on YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RMarbeOWmtU

This is the first demo ever in a gig situation I think. I suppose it is taking place in a retirement’s home.

So yes, the Genos is fine for playing oldies  8)

Best Regards,

Vinciane.
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650

Offline tyrosshar

Re: Another Genos demo on YouTube - “Deane1940” - 1st Gig
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 10:45:37 AM »
This must be joke if this is sound from Genos... old sytles, old drums, old everything we can hear from this video... I am shoked about quality of sounds quality if this is present styles of it... terrible like T1...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 10:54:22 AM by tyrosshar »

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 12:52:19 PM »
Deane is a long time member of this forum and has probably owned every arranger keyboard model produced over the last 20 years.
The fact he is using ols styles and old songs has more to do with his audience than anything else.
Deane is a highly regarded musician, inovator and friend to many on this forum.
I would hope he might give us his take on the Genos.

Bill Grosse
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 01:19:38 PM »
This must be joke if this is sound from Genos... old sytles, old drums, old everything we can hear from this video... I am shoked about quality of sounds quality if this is present styles of it... terrible like T1...
Dean stated on another thread he had used mainly his Tyros 4 gig styles for this gig so that would have an influence.
John

Offline valimaties

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 01:56:22 PM »

Mostly, I think you joke with this bad comment.... be calm ;)

Offline tyrosshar

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 06:55:29 AM »
Hehe Valimaties i did not but i realise that he has this setting from T5 and so the drums and other instruments are not from topnotch genos preset voices obviously;), i didnt comment on his playing which is great!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 10:16:05 AM by tyrosshar »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 10:51:55 AM »
Hehe Valimaties i did not but i realise that he has this setting from T5 and so the drums and other instruments are not from topnotch genos preset voices obviously;), i didnt comment on his playing which is great!
Not  T5 but T4 ;)

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 08:02:42 PM »
Deane was using his T4 styles played through his new Genos when he made this video. So, essentially, you are hearing a T4 - not the Genos styles and voices.

Deane is an excellent musician, and a long time member of this and other arranger keyboard forums.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline hammer

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2017, 09:49:38 PM »
Tyrosshaw,

The purpose of my video was simply to allow interested people to see the keyboard on a live gig.  I had owned this Genos only 2 days this gig and I clearly announced in
my post I was using my Tyros 4 gig setups for this video.   Also, many people had asked if the older Tyros line styles and voices worked on the Genos.  The video showed clearly they do.

My suggestion to you is go find another Live demo you like better and report on it.

Deane

Offline pjd

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 07:12:16 AM »
Hi Deane --

Thanks for taking the time to record your first gig with the Genos. I'm sure that it took a bit of effort to get the video to Youtube, etc.

All the best -- pj

Offline techlectics

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 01:18:16 PM »
Yes, thank you Deane, I enjoyed the video. I even heard you play a couple of songs that I want to learn.
Regards,
Bob W. (Techlectics)