Author Topic: Reverb question  (Read 266 times)

Offline robfigee

Reverb question
« on: October 26, 2017, 08:30:28 AM »
Hi, On my PSR s770 I set the right live control knob to Reverb. That works fine as lomg as I stick to one voice. When I switch to another voice, be it by OTS or by pressing another voice cathagory button the reverb is turned off.
How can I keep reverb for the whole composition?
Thanks in advance for your answer,

Rob
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 05:16:55 AM by robfigee »
Casio CTX 6000 and Yamaha PSR s770

Offline SciNote

Re: Reverb question
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 01:13:29 AM »
It depends on the keyboard model.  I know with my PSR-E433, any custom settings that I set, like reverb, chorus, filter, and envelope generator, get switched to a factory-set default whenever I just simply select a new main voice.  So, for me, the solution is to save my favorite voice settings, with the reverb and other parameters set to where I desire, to registrations.  That way, when I call up my registrations, I get the sounds and settings I want.

However, other keyboards may have other options, so let us know what keyboard you have and we may be able to get you some additional information.
Bob
Yamaha PSR-E433
Yamaha PSR-520

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 05:06:38 AM »
Sounds like you have an S670/S770/S970.

Bob is right; each panel voice has a preprogrammed reverb depth. That's why I - like you - have K2 assigned to increase reverb depth so that when I switch voices it's really easy to put the reverb back up.

an alternative to a registration is to store the modified voice as a user voice. Just remember if you do that, the actual reverb effect program is dictated by the currently loaded style / registration.

S770

Offline robfigee

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 05:28:48 AM »
Thank you both for your information. In this case Casio wins. It keeps reverb no matter which voice I choose during the number I play. I think when changing to another voice quickly turning the second live control is the simplest solution.

Rob
Casio CTX 6000 and Yamaha PSR s770