Author Topic: tyros styles not recognised  (Read 430 times)

Offline odon60

tyros styles not recognised
« on: October 18, 2017, 12:59:19 PM »
hi I recently purchased a used tyros 4 whenever I try to load a style from usb stick I have even tried copying some to hard drive it doesn't see them only yhe folder they are in , can someone please advice , is there something I need to do kind regards paul

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: tyros styles not recognised
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 01:25:45 PM »
Hi Paul,

Firstly, to list Styles, you must be in the 'Style' selection screen (saying 'STYLE' at the top).  Although all selection screens will display all folders (whatever file types they contain), individual selection screens will only list files of the relevant type as shown at the top of the screen.

Secondly, there is a limit of 50 characters for the complete file name, which includes the final '.sty' (or whatever) extension.  Since many styles also include 5 characters used to identify the icon displayed with a style (eg. '.S123') this means that the actual name part should be no longer than 41 characters to be sure of being listed.  So check the length if necessary.

Finally if both the above seem OK, I suggest that you post one of the styles that are not being listed and we will take a look at it.

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: olestokie

Offline odon60

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 02:22:38 PM »
hi thanks ian , I click on music finder , then click on files , tab across to hdi or usb which then shows the folder , I click on the folder but it appears empty I know theres styles in there from viewing on my computer , paul

The following users thanked this post: olestokie

Offline odon60

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 02:25:37 PM »
I also have premium pack voices on the hard drive and cannot view them either just the folder

Offline odon60

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 02:38:28 PM »
its ok now after 2 days of trying I looked more closely at what you wrote ian and realised I had not got style written at the top and I looked at Eileen dvd and it showed the correct way to load a style as soon as I did that hey presto there they all where thanks to all kind regards paul

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 03:04:51 PM »
Pleased the DVD helped.

Offline odon60

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 07:11:18 AM »
thanks Eileen it worked a treat