Author Topic: Using Playlist and Favorite Voices Upgrading To Genos With Registrations  (Read 789 times)

Offline gerard

Thanks to Murray Best program, Registration Manager, I was able to print out a report of all my current registration on my S970.
It contains all the information I need to create my registrations on the Genos.
I will first create voice registration banks for each Genre that I play, putting voices in buttons 2 - 10.
When I create a registration in button 1, for a country song or a big band song, I will first load the voice registration bank that will work with that song.
Then I will select the style I need for that song.
If you are like me, I had copied styles from the Tyros 5 to use with my S970.
I m assuming the Genos has re-voiced many of the styles to use the new Mega voices and want to take advantage of that.
Saving the registration bank now gives me instant access to 9 other voices, (buttons 2- 10), plus the 4 ots voices for that style.

New on the Genos is the ability to have favorite voices.
When I load a song registration that I made, I can then go to the touchscreen, I can have the pages of favorite voices ready to select also, which could be different from the 9 that are on the registration I am using.
There are 10 on each page of Favorite voices.
So, for each song, I now can have 10 voices from the Favorite voices, 9 from the registration I have loaded and 4 from OTS, for a total of 23 voices for a song!!

I have about 400 registrations.
When I play out, I normally only need about 150 available to use.
Now I will be able to take those 150 and put them in a playlist, arrange them how I want, and most importantly, be able to access them faster than I can now.
I didn't mean for this post to be so long. lol
Gerard

The following users thanked this post: dragon, jm

Offline travlin-easy

Re: Using Playlist and Favorite Voices Upgrading To Genos With Registrations
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 08:05:40 AM »
Gerard, have no fear of making long posts - as long as they provide a wealth of information, which is usually the case with those you have posted in the past. Detailed explanations are always welcome here.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Lloyd E

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 08:46:52 AM »
Gerard,
Excellent post. Thanks for info.   Lloyd
Music is the way to go

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 08:55:19 AM »
Yes Gerald I think we are all going to enjoy this keyboard very much. I think it will be a lot quicker to set up to.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 09:22:17 AM »
Long month ain't It Eileen!! :o :P

Offline gerard

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 09:45:18 AM »
Some of what I said in this post is to help those that may not know how to setup registrations to give you access to many voices when you are playing the registration.
Many times when I am playing from a registration, I like to change the voices I am using to try something different.
You are not limited then to just the OTS voices for that style.
With what I posted, you can have instant access to 23 different voices!
Gerard

The following users thanked this post: jm

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 09:52:15 AM »
I keep all my custom tuned voices the PSR-S950 user area, which I have instant access to them in alphabetical order. Here, you can store 10 on a single page, which is more than I really need, but the total number of pages is huge because the vce files are so very small.

All the best,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 11:55:34 AM »
I keep all my custom tuned voices the PSR-S950 user area, which I have instant access to them in alphabetical order. Here, you can store 10 on a single page, which is more than I really need, but the total number of pages is huge because the vce files are so very small.

All the best,

Gary 8)

Ditto other than my using an s970. 

Gerard,

Great strategy for setting up your registrations, the "Playlist" feature in my opinion is the proverbial "goose that laid the golden egg."  :)
GENOS, Clavinova CVP 307, PSR s970, Korg Pa4x-76
PSR Performer Page  -  Steve's Gig Disks[/u]

Offline gerard

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 10:18:18 AM »
Now that I have the reference manual, I may not be able to use the PLAYLIST.
When I call up a REGISTRATION, it loads the whole bank, BUTTONS 1 - 10.
Button 1 is where I store the style for that song, transpose etc.
In Buttons 2 - 10 I will store voices I use for the song in button 1.
When you save a registration to a PLAYLIST, according to the reference manual, it stores only one button to the playlist not the whole bank.
Correct me if I am wrong. lol
Gerard

Offline gerard

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 12:27:03 PM »
I sort of stand corrected.
Playlist on page 92 owners manual shows how you can select any button from a registration bank and add it as a playlist record.
But it still loads the registration bank as shown on page 96 owners manual.
So, if you have one song per registration bank, you will always save button one so to speak, for the playlist record.
If you have 8 or 10 songs per registration bank, then you can have 8 or 10 playlist records, one for each song, from that bank.
I hope this is clear to all.
Gerard