Author Topic: Registration issues when using 'song record'  (Read 356 times)

Offline Philmca1

Registration issues when using 'song record'
« on: October 14, 2017, 04:12:19 AM »
Hi folks, I'm kinda new to all this so please forgive me for a 'newbie' question. There is probably a simple explanation (that so far I haven't found) so I thought I'd throw it out there to the far more knowledgable and experienced :D

The basic situation is that I have 5 registrations set up and each do what I want when I press them and play as a 'practice'.  My issue is that when I go to record -using 'song record' method, some of the registrations don't do what they are programmed to do.  Reg 1-3 function as expected (using ethereal movie style). I would then hit stop and I then hit reg 4 which is set up with synchro start for a christmas waltz style. This works ok when practicing but when recording, the style does not start...the synchro/start lights do not flash - as if it is not programmed. (All boxes are ticked in each registration memory).

I realise that further information may be needed but I just wondered initially if anyone had come across this and could give me a reason why this is happening or if there is something simple that I am missing.

I appreciate any help or advice

Phil

Offline dragon

Re: Registration issues when using 'song record'
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 04:24:45 AM »
I have come across this. I usually have synchro start on the first reg but it gets cancelled when I record. The only workaround I have found is to remember to push synchro start again before recording. A quirk of the software I think. This of course would not help you if you are in the middle Registration but I guess you would have to push synchro start in the middle of your playing, or maybe assign a foot pedal to do this.
Cheers
Carol

The following users thanked this post: Philmca1

Online EileenL

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 07:04:23 AM »
You don't need to use Sync start for this. I have just done a very quick demo for you and enclosed song with Reg Bank. Is this what you want to do.

The following users thanked this post: Philmca1

Offline Philmca1

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 08:59:22 AM »
Thank you both for your responses, I appreciate it. I'll download the demo when I can get on to a computer Eileen and have a listen to what you have done and let you know...thanks again!

...until then I'll practice hitting the synchro button...  :D

Offline Philmca1

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 03:24:51 AM »
Apologies for the lengthy delay Eileen (work always gets in the way of the social life  :D ) but that's me had a chance to listen to your demo and yeh, that's definitely the kind of thing that i'm looking for. I hadn't tried using the 'intro' buttons in the new registration but it does finish the ethereal style nicely and will lead on to the new style quite naturally. I gave it a wee test using the record function and it seemed to work fine as well - so I think you have cracked it!!! (i would still like to know why it didn't work before but I guess we'll just need to accept it  :D ).

It's really great to have such a user-friendly forum with so much knowledge and experience and i'm looking forward to learning loads in the future...so thanks again.

Phil

Online EileenL

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 06:23:45 AM »
I am pleased it worked for you Phil. This is the way I have always done it and it saves a lot of button pushes.