Author Topic: PSR S970 Does split 3 ways.....  (Read 1016 times)

Offline manuel

PSR S970 Does split 3 ways.....
« on: October 02, 2017, 01:39:37 PM »
Hello Everyone....

I hope a saw correctly, in another topic, I saw that someone said that the PSR S970 could not do a 3 way split, and I certainly disagree.....

I am attaching a registration for the PSR S970 in witch you be able to see that I have a 3 way split.
Arranger in the left side, middle section an electric guitar, and the Third section, an organ.

My 2 cents...

The following users thanked this post: Ed B

Offline Paula

Re: PSR S970 Does split 3 ways.....
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 03:36:03 PM »
 :) :)
 thanks
 I will try this ...I tried to split three and cant seem to accomplish this ,that is what I am missing from the T4
         Paula :)
You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1xEYzY5g_0Nd5G9TkMY6mA/videos
Tyros 4 and Bose L1 Mod 2 w/tonematch
PSR S970

Offline Paula

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 03:56:58 PM »
 :) :)
 I down loaded your Reg,unless I am missing something my 970 is not showing a three way split in any of your Reg.
    Paula

You Tube
PSR S970

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 04:20:02 PM »
No you can not split the keyboard in three sections like you can on Tyros.

Offline manuel

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 04:42:15 PM »
I forgot to tell you, in my Registration that contains the 3 way split press either number 1 or 2 in the registration bank...And just in case,
I will attach it again, this, I check and works perfect.

Manuel

The following users thanked this post: rezaazadi1361

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 05:22:19 PM »
This so called 'three way split' is simply based on a separate key 'zone' for the Style (chord), Left voice and Right voices.

Typically (and by default) the Left voice and Style split points are set to the same note, so when the ACMP, Left and Right voices are selected, the Left voice will play in the same 'zone' as the Style, and the Right voices will play above the Style+Left split point.

However if you set the Left split point higher than the Style SP, then the Left voice (when switched on) will only play in the zone between the Style SP up to the Left SP.  The Right (R1 and R2) voices will play above this to the top of the keyboard.  This produces the so called three way split that Manuel is referring to.  To see this in action, it is necessary to have the ACMP, and the Left plus a Right voice switched on.

Unfortunately the reg. bank attached to Manuel's first post does not demonstrate this very well as it stands, because it only has the Left voice switched on in button #2, and this can be confusing, although the split points are set, and you can simply turn the Left voice on manually in the other 7 buttons in the bank to see the split.  When the Left voice is not switched on, then the Right voice/s will play all the way down to the Style SP.

The best way to see this is to load the reg. bank, then open the display that shows the split points.

Press reg. button #1 and you will see the keyboard splits into 2 zones (Style and Right) because the Left voice is not switched on.

Now press button #2 and you will see the keyboard splits into 3 zones (Style, Left and Right) because the Left voice is now switched on along with the ACMP and Right voice.

If you turn the Left voice off, you will see that the Right zone now extends down to the Style SP.

Whether or not you consider this to really represent a 'three way split' depends on what you where expecting.  I suspect that you were hoping to split the R1/2 voices as you can with R1/2 and R3 on a Tyros, but you can't do this on a PSR.

Regards

Ian

Offline Paula

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 05:58:53 PM »
 :)
 Thanks Ian
 yes I expected the split yo be as the T4 and I see that is not possible ,I strictly use Reg,for my entire set ups and do not want to have to think about a any other buttons  and that OK I just work it out with the Reg
       Thanks again
           Paula
You Tube
PSR S970

Offline SciNote

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 07:56:16 PM »
This so called 'three way split' is simply based on a separate key 'zone' for the Style (chord), Left voice and Right voices.

Typically (and by default) the Left voice and Style split points are set to the same note, so when the ACMP, Left and Right voices are selected, the Left voice will play in the same 'zone' as the Style, and the Right voices will play above the Style+Left split point.

However if you set the Left split point higher than the Style SP, then the Left voice (when switched on) will only play in the zone between the Style SP up to the Left SP.  The Right (R1 and R2) voices will play above this to the top of the keyboard.  This produces the so called three way split that Manuel is referring to.  To see this in action, it is necessary to have the ACMP, and the Left plus a Right voice switched on.

Unfortunately the reg. bank attached to Manuel's first post does not demonstrate this very well as it stands, because it only has the Left voice switched on in button #2, and this can be confusing, although the split points are set, and you can simply turn the Left voice on manually in the other 7 buttons in the bank to see the split.  When the Left voice is not switched on, then the Right voice/s will play all the way down to the Style SP.

The best way to see this is to load the reg. bank, then open the display that shows the split points.

Press reg. button #1 and you will see the keyboard splits into 2 zones (Style and Right) because the Left voice is not switched on.

Now press button #2 and you will see the keyboard splits into 3 zones (Style, Left and Right) because the Left voice is now switched on along with the ACMP and Right voice.

If you turn the Left voice off, you will see that the Right zone now extends down to the Style SP.

Whether or not you consider this to really represent a 'three way split' depends on what you where expecting.  I suspect that you were hoping to split the R1/2 voices as you can with R1/2 and R3 on a Tyros, but you can't do this on a PSR.

Regards

Ian

Figuring that Manuel meant the style accompaniment when he said "arranger" in the original post, this is how he described it.
Bob
Yamaha PSR-E433
Yamaha PSR-520

Offline andyg

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 02:21:25 PM »
It's a very useful feature, present for many years - the PSR1000 and PSR2000 did it - and regularly used by my students taking higher lever exams, and me, of course!
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline Enildo

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 03:59:40 AM »
No you can not split the keyboard in three sections like you can on Tyros.

Hi EileenL

Yes you can, this is possible. I use some songs that can not change the voice so fast.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline voodoo

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 07:15:08 AM »
Hi EileenL

Yes you can, this is possible. I use some songs that can not change the voice so fast.

Enildo

You cannot play three different voices in three split zones. You can only have

<chord recog> <left voice> <right voices>

That are three zones, but the left zone does not play any voices, just style control.
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Enildo

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 09:15:27 AM »
You cannot play three different voices in three split zones. You can only have

<chord recog> <left voice> <right voices>

That are three zones, but the left zone does not play any voices, just style control.

Hello Uli!

Yes you can! Come on!

1) FUNCTION -> MENU1 -> SPLIT POINT / CHORD FINGERED

Now turn on the "ACMP (accompaniment)" and turn on the left (LEFT / PART ON / OFF)

2) SELECT THE LETTER "H" AND INCREASE THE LEFT VOICE TO THE LIMIT THAT YOU WANT, IN "5 OR 6" NUMBERS, OR ON THE SELECTION WHEEL.

Ready! The Keyboard was divided into three parts: STYLE + LEFT + R1 / R2

I hope you understood,

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!