Author Topic: Revo drums  (Read 838 times)

Revo drums
« on: October 02, 2017, 05:41:20 AM »
What's Revo drums?

Sorry for not keeping up.  :-[
Keyboards: Tyros 3, Roland E-70.

Organs: Yamaha HS8, Yamaha D-85, Technics U90 Pro, Wersi Helios W2S.

Offline Kari V

Re: Revo drums
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 06:21:00 AM »

Round-robin is explainen for instance here:
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=274098

The explanation copied below:
Round-robin is simply a way to let sample developers play back a different sampled version of the same sound each time you hit the same key, so that just like most acoustic instruments each note sounds slightly different for more realism.

The following users thanked this post: Keyboardguy

Offline psr500

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 06:56:40 AM »
Recolutionary new drums... not kidding..

With up to 26 layers of sampling
And 4 effects/drum kid
And round robbing
Plus an option to create your own drum kids on board..
Despite all the bells and whistles of Yamaha about "Revo drums" I couldn't find a single video of this feature so far. By the way the Genos is less than I personally expected. So I'm still happy with my S-750 and will wait to Genos 2 in order to obtain a real gain for my money.

Offline voodoo

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 06:57:45 AM »
Despite all the bells and whistles of Yamaha about "Revo drums" I couldn't find a single video of this feature so far.

The Demo from Martin Harris talks about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwBLCaBRcwY
Yamaha Genos (finally)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline StuartR

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 07:04:37 AM »
Despite all the bells and whistles of Yamaha about "Revo drums" I couldn't find a single video of this feature so far. By the way the Genos is less than I personally expected. So I'm still happy with my S-750 and will wait to Genos 2 in order to obtain a real gain for my money.

I tend to agree. I have both a Tyros 5 and a Montage and so far I don't see that much of an advantage. It's more of a Tyros 6. Evolution rather than revolution. Don't know why they chose to rebrand it as something brand new.

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 07:40:29 AM »
Round-robin is simply a way to let sample developers play back a different sampled version of the same sound each time you hit the same key

Thanks for that. I thought it was a term used for some sort of pattern-looping / repeat function, eg after maybe 4, 8 or 16 bars.

Despite all the bells and whistles of Yamaha about "Revo drums" I couldn't find a single video of this feature so far.

Neither could I, that's why I had to ask.  ::)

Keyboards: Tyros 3, Roland E-70.

Organs: Yamaha HS8, Yamaha D-85, Technics U90 Pro, Wersi Helios W2S.

Offline StuartR

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 09:27:24 PM »
The revolution warranting a namechange is in the interface...

But inside..the change is just as big as allways marginally evolutionary... maybe tyros 5.5

And yet I'm going to buy one...I keep telling myself that all my fellow guitar player band members have upwards of 10 guitars each so...

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 09:41:35 PM »
And yet I'm going to buy one...I keep telling myself that all my fellow guitar player band members have upwards of 10 guitars each so...

Well, the T5 is already exceptional.
This one is even better, i love the new interface.
That alone would be worth it for some.

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 04:47:31 AM »
Hello.

If i use an old style (one built-in style of Tyros 4) in Genos, this style will automatically use the Revo Drums on Genos? Or I have to tweak or something? Is is compatible?

Regards,
Pedro
Pedro Eleutério
PSR Performer

"Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary"