Author Topic: Registrations  (Read 878 times)

Offline musicalmemoriesuk

Registrations
« on: September 27, 2017, 02:24:11 AM »
Do you use a bank of registrations per song or registrations from multiple banks for the same song ?

Offline Paul B

Re: Registrations
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 04:03:13 AM »
I like to use one bank per song. It allows me to put multiple variations of style and voices into each song. I did learn to use some standardization in how I set up my banks, for example, R1 is always the setup for the song and includes the intro all i need to do is press and key and i am off and playing. R8 is always my ending, once it is pressed the song is done. In between those anything can happen. I have some banks with only a R1 and R8 and others that use all 8 buttons. The registrations are very powerful.
Good luck and good Music!
Paul
Paul B
Kenosha, WI / Mission, TX

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 04:10:49 AM »
Thanks for that I take it you can name the banks

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 04:12:30 AM »
I also use one bank per song as if playing medleys you have plenty of sound variation. I don't however save any beginnings or endings. Prefer to do those myself.
  Yes you can name banks and also name the voices you have in them which can be very useful.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:14:31 AM by EileenL »

Offline Paul B

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 04:22:40 AM »
I save each bank to my USB stick as the name of the song. This again has gone through a couple of revisions until I found an organization method that works for me. I have a couple of master folders (e.g. Main, Christmas, Gospel...) and within the Main I have a folder for each letter in the alphabet. inside the "A" folder are all of the registrations for the songs starting with "A". I think you should get the idea.

Paul B

The following users thanked this post: musicalmemoriesuk

Offline Paul B

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 04:27:03 AM »
I should mention that Fred Smith has some great youtube videos out there on Registrations. and Fred is a moderator here on the forum. I learned a great deal from his videos.  You should take a look at those.
Paul B

Offline Paula

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 05:01:10 AM »
Hi Paul
 I see you set up your Reg. similar to mine with most of the time using R1 & R8 as intro and ending besides that I include the text  into each Reg giving myself a preview as what to expect on each upcoming Reg in the text i have a code such as this* when to hit a peddle etc as I  have different uses for them  ,I also work between the var,and the mixer as well sometimes lowering or deleting tracks  in different Reg as well as using the mixer filter  the EQ  and effects  for each bank of 8 Reg, prier to each song I sometimes go to the style creator and rework the style once I rework the style I do save it for future songs I also include Pads in my Reg so they start and stop as well , I always edit the pad to use the first pad so that if I am using different pads in Reg they over wright the previous pad and etc,lots of working it out but once its done its saved for ever
        I have a lot to learn so hope you can also show me your technics
           Paula
You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1xEYzY5g_0Nd5G9TkMY6mA/videos
Tyros 4 and Bose L1 Mod 2 w/tonematch
PSR S970

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 11:53:37 AM »
Have just watched the videos. Is it possible to copy a registration from one bank to another ?

Offline Paul B

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 05:17:00 AM »
Have just watched the videos. Is it possible to copy a registration from one bank to another ?
I don''t think so, but ...I would just recreate it.
Paul B

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 05:25:04 AM »

See your other post.
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 05:26:03 AM »
I don''t think so, but ...I would just recreate it.

Certainly you can.

When you load a registration, haven't you "recreated it"? Now, just memorize to another bank.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Paul B

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 05:34:12 AM »
Certainly you can.

When you load a registration, haven't you "recreated it"? Now, just memorize to another bank.

Fred

I had to think about that for a minute but...Thanks Fred...you are right as usual. I was thinking that when you loaded an new bank it would overlay what you had, but the board is still in the state of the desired registration and if you immediately save that state you have essentially copied the registration. Sorry, thats just the long way of saying just what you said.  :)
Paul B