Author Topic: How to get nicely organized?  (Read 691 times)

Offline Toril S

How to get nicely organized?
« on: September 26, 2017, 01:01:45 PM »
Hello friends. I am curious of how you organize all your files? People have hundreds of styles, registrations, songs etc. A whole lot of things to have control of, and I guess it is easy to get lost. I am thinking about how you do it when out playing? How to find the suitable style to the song on the spot?
Since I do not use the screen much when out playing, I have made myself a sheet which tells me what buttons to press to achieve the style and other settings for each song.
How do you folks do it?  I suppose there are different ways of solving this, as we all have individual preferences.
I have also started a folder archive, and now save a song, the style used, and my recordings of it, if any, in a separate folder.

Toril S

PSR S970, PSR 2100 and PSR-47.

http://psrtutorial.com/perf/torilSusegg.html

Offline Fred Smith

Re: How to get nicely organized?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 01:37:45 PM »
I use registrations. And the name of the registration is the name of the song. Pretty simple to find what I’m looking for.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline jerryghr

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 02:04:15 PM »
I have the same system as Fred.
 I have folders named ABC, DEF, etc........... and place the registration in the appropriate folder.  Cuts down on the scrolling from A to Z.

Regards,

Jerryghr

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 02:05:16 PM »
Thank you, Fred :)
Toril S

Offline Afton72

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 04:53:31 PM »
Toril, 
                Fred has some great instructional videos that have a lot of info, mainly on Regs, well worth viewing.
     Being a member of this Forum makes one feel like a kid in a toyshop,  many thanks to Joe.

Cheers,     Alan

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 05:48:13 PM »
Hi Toril,

I customize every style I use for each song I perform, no two song use the same style pattern ever. Then I custom make each set which is 16 songs. I place 2 sets (32 songs) into one folder on my USB stick and then call the folder "Set 1&2". I currently have 14 sets which is seven folders (14 hours of music).

As I save each style to my MUSIC FINDER in the second field of the style I use the “KEYWORD” field to place a set code, so that I can call up each set or sets. As an example “S01” I use for set #1. I can then use the Music Finder’s Search feature (of which there are two of them) and call up all 16 songs at once. I could also call up two sets at once by entering in the search file: “S01,S04” or even three sets by entering “S02,S05,S11”.

When someone request a certain song, I can then use the MUSIC FINDER “ALL” tab and scroll to the song by its Name.

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 08:37:40 PM »
Toril
I also use registrations for each song.  The registration is the same name of the song.

For external styles, i have folders by Genre.  Within each folder i have the external styles.

I pretty much follow this organization for everything.

That way, it is pretty easy for me to quickly find out what i am looking for.

For live gigs, i pre-select the songs i am performing and prepare a USB with the selected songs/registrations.    I precede each name of song/registration with 01 to 99 in the order that i am playing.   That way, it is pretty easy to play one song after another.
The songs are ready and nicely ordered.  Of course i can always change the order on the fly as i play.

Hope this helps.

thanks

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Toril S

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 09:48:58 AM »
Thank you very much for useful imput Fred, Jerryhgr, Joe and Al Ram.
Toril S

The following users thanked this post: jerryghr

Offline Toril S

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 09:51:17 AM »
Thank you Alan and Drake.
Toril S