Author Topic: Finale files exported to Tyros5  (Read 577 times)

Offline Ian Kay

Finale files exported to Tyros5
« on: August 31, 2017, 12:31:23 PM »
I can't remember who it was, but someone has expertise with creating and exporting Finale midi files to the Tyros. If you know who it is, I would appreciate a heads up. I need to know if the process is as convoluted as the material that I have been reading. I always thought that midi import and export was a standardized process, and merely loading the midi on a flash drive to transfer would suffice. Apparently I was wrong. If anybody has expertise, I would very much appreciate some advise on this matter. This is a crucial step for me, to incorporate the use of my arrangements with the Tyros. Thanks in advance.
Ian

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Finale files exported to Tyros5
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 12:52:41 PM »
I can't remember who it was, but someone has expertise with creating and exporting Finale midi files to the Tyros. If you know who it is, I would appreciate a heads up. I need to know if the process is as convoluted as the material that I have been reading. I always thought that midi import and export was a standardized process, and merely loading the midi on a flash drive to transfer would suffice. Apparently I was wrong. If anybody has expertise, I would very much appreciate some advise on this matter. This is a crucial step for me, to incorporate the use of my arrangements with the Tyros. Thanks in advance.
Ian

It should be as simple as loading the midi on a flash drive. You'll need to give us more information on what's going wrong.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Ian Kay

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 08:05:39 AM »
Fred,
Thanks for the response.
First, I connected a USB cord to the Host at the rear of the Tyros 5, and I can't get Finale to recognize the Tyros. Second, when I did transfer a standard midi file from finale to the Tyros, all channels played the piano part. Thanks for your assistance.
Ian

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 01:56:49 PM »
Fred,
Thanks for the response.
First, I connected a USB cord to the Host at the rear of the Tyros 5, and I can't get Finale to recognize the Tyros. Second, when I did transfer a standard midi file from finale to the Tyros, all channels played the piano part. Thanks for your assistance.
Ian

Well, that's a lot different than "loading the midi on the flash drive" not working.

Most people do what you said: They load the midi on the flash drive. They simply insert the flash drive in their computer, save the midi, then move the drive to the keyboard, then access it there. If wanted, you can copy the file to the keyboard's flash drive.

The USB to host will not allow the computer to access the flash drive. It will access the hard drive as an external disk but only in USB Storage Mode (Power On + Music Finder).

Sorry, I know nothing about selecting Tyros voices in Finale.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Ian Kay

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 03:01:00 PM »
Thanks Fred,
Your knowledge and counsel is a comfort to me. I've read many of your posts.
Thanks again
Ian