Author Topic: Psr e363 Usb contra psr e453 Usb  (Read 690 times)

Offline tandence

Psr e363 Usb contra psr e453 Usb
« on: August 25, 2017, 11:45:42 AM »
Hello there,
I was wondering about the pros of getting the slightly newer psr e363 keyboard over the slightly older e453.
I'm just guessing here, but does the psr 363 come with an updated usb functionality, e.g. so it can save mp3 tracks directly to the computer, while the e435 misses this functionality? The e363 is said to have USB to HOST (MIDI and AUDIO) while the e453 has USB to Device. Is there any difference? Does Device only include Midi? A way to do more easily transfers to the computer would be good, as my laptop's audio device isn't very strong. I'm planning to get a Daw programme later, but I don't got one atm, so if there was a function like this to export to mp3 on the e363 in a more easy way than on the e453, it would be handy at the moment. Is the e363's usb functionality superior compared to the e453's? Also, is there eventually any other benefit in getting the newer e363? But thats maybe for the future.

Would it be slow to either connect directly and record or transfer already recorded tracks later on, to a HP Pavilion 14-AL092no? https://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?e=3752112 I guess it will be slow, but is it doable without getting any quality loss, free from interference, only that the process takes a litte longer? And yea not using up much information the tracks for this laptop would probably be a good idea. Maybe use 2, 3 tracks per song for transfering, until i got a computer with a stronger performance rate. Any good free devices for Windows? The given information for the e363 is "The USB TO HOST terminal allows you to connect to a computer or portable device and record high-quality audio without additional interface." So does this mean you don't need to use any expensive daw to transfer the tracks to the computer? Is this exclusive to e363 or does the e453 also have this feature?

I will probably buy one today or tomorrow. Another thing about the e363 is that it has a weight which is about 2kg less compared to the weight of e453, so that's a plus since im going to take it with me on a trip to another location. But i won't move it around so much otherwise so maybe it doesnt matter so much.
The e363 only supports 2 multimultitrack for recording while the e453 supports 5 tracks for recording. So it's leaning towards a e453 depending on the usb difference, if there is any. Or maybe wait for the e463 which I saw was mentioned in another thread?
Regards

Offline SciNote

Re: Psr e363 Usb contra psr e453 Usb
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 08:43:45 PM »
I will also add that the PSR-E453 has more sound editing capabilities with filter and envelope generator, more registrations, and real-time control knobs to edit and adjust the sound easily in real-time.  Some significant differences there!

As for the PSR-E463, that is just speculation at this point.  Since the PSR-E4x3 series keyboards have been introduced, they have been introducing a new model every two years, and since the E263 and E363 have already been introduced, I am speculating that the E463 will be introduced around next spring, but none of us has any idea if that is the case for sure, and if so, what features may be added to it.

As for a DAW, I use Audacity.  It's free over the internet, and very versatile for recording multi-track audio recordings with the capability to edit the sound and add effects.  And, when you follow the instructions to add MP3 capability to it, you can export your files (meaning, you can create music files from your recordings), in either wave or MP3 formats.

I have the E433 -- an older version of the E453 -- and I find it a great keyboard, especially for the price, and combined with Audacity, I have been able to make some nice recordings.

Now, concerning recording music from the keyboard to a computer using a DAW -- and this is very important -- make sure your computer is set to recognize and record the keyboard as a stereo instrument, instead of mono.  After three years of recording songs with such a set up, I finally discovered that I had been recording in mono all that time.  Once I set the computer to stereo, I re-recorded several of my songs, and the difference is astounding.
Bob
Yamaha PSR-E433
Yamaha PSR-520

Offline tandence

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 09:33:08 AM »
thanks for the repl(y/ies?:o)(seems like one was deleted)
Sorry for taking so long to reply, only got access to the internet a couple of days ago at the new location and other things.
It was an easy choice to pick the E453. I agree, I also think it's a compact and priceworthy keyboard. Have barely started, but the sound editing capabilities will keep me occupied for some time:)

Now, concerning recording music from the keyboard to a computer using a DAW -- and this is very important -- make sure your computer is set to recognize and record the keyboard as a stereo instrument, instead of mono.  After three years of recording songs with such a set up, I finally discovered that I had been recording in mono all that time.  Once I set the computer to stereo, I re-recorded several of my songs, and the difference is astounding.
thanks, such a time saver! dunno how long it'd take to figure that out

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 03:09:34 PM »
I hope you enjoy your new PSR-E453! :) Let us know what you think of it.
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443