Author Topic: Recording question  (Read 718 times)

Online Toril S

Recording question
« on: August 18, 2017, 10:28:23 AM »
Hello :) I have two old keyboards that I want to connect to my computer, so that I can record songs in wav or MP3 formats. I am told that I need an audio interface, and have considered buying Focusrite 2i2. I have downloaded audacity om my computer. Is it plug and play, or is this very difficult to achieve? I am tatally green on this. The music I want to record, is for my own pleasure, - and maybe some day to share on this forum :) All advice is appreciated!
Toril S

PSR S970, PSR 2100 and PSR-47.

http://psrtutorial.com/perf/torilSusegg.html

Offline SeaGtGruff

Re: Recording question
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 12:10:44 PM »
If by "plug and play" you mean Audacity, I'd say the answer is yes, because if you can install it on your computer then you should be able to use it-- although there will be some sort of learning curve for you to get familiar with how to use the program.

If you mean the audio interface, I think a lot of audio interfaces are designed to be as "plug and play" as possible, although it might come with drivers you might want to install, such as an ASIO driver for better sound (lower latency or "lagging").

I believe there are a number of members here who like to record with Audacity, so they should be able to help you figure out how to use it. :)
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 02:07:09 PM »
I use Audacity for both my Tyros 4 and HS-8T organ, Toril.  It's very easy to use and you should gravitate to it rather easily; however, as Michael said, there is a learning curve.  As you may already know, Audacity has a very good User Manual.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 02:39:12 PM »
Also, as popular as Audacity is, there may be people who've posted YouTube videos showing how to use it.
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 02:50:28 PM »
Yes, Michael, there are many YouTube videos with regard to Audacity, although I believe they are getting rather outdated now.  I'm not certain anyone has produced a video about the latest updates for Audacity, but Toril will learn a lot, even from the older videos.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Online Toril S

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 03:36:25 PM »
Yes, I hope I can get this to work. Have some videos to watch and a red box to buy :)
Toril S

PSR S970, PSR 2100 and PSR-47.

http://psrtutorial.com/perf/torilSusegg.html