Author Topic: Not Happy - Google Drive Issues  (Read 994 times)

Offline Misu

Not Happy - Google Drive Issues
« on: July 26, 2017, 04:23:06 AM »
Dear friends,

I was here:
http://swatantra2000.blogspot.ro/p/indian-voices.html
and when I choose <Santoor> the link goes directly to my Google drive.
I don't know why but I don't like this.
Here was the only one place where I put some link to my Google drive.
For sure SWATANTRA is member here, I hope to download the Voices and put where he want and erase the link,
otherwise I will be oblige to erase all the info and maybe my google account and IT IS NOT NICE.
I hope to see my comments in one week, or maybe an administrator can send him a message.

Thanks for your support
Mihai
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:39:39 AM by SeaGtGruff »

Offline SeaGtGruff

Re: Not Happy - Google Drive Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 09:45:18 AM »
When I go to the link you posted, I see the correct site (swatantra2000.blogspot.ro) and not your Google Drive page. There are a number of comments from various people who say something similar to you: "When i click on the download bollywood styles 1; it opens my Google drive." The replies to those comments say that "if it comes on google drive, just press the button with an arrow pointing down, it means download."

So the page you linked to does not contain any links to your Google Drive page; other people who see a Google Drive page will see their own page and not yours. I don't have a Google Drive account, so when I click on a download link it just takes me to a generic Google Drive screen that wants me to log in or create an account. I guess that means I can't download anything from that site?
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 10:21:42 AM »
I've responded to you, Mihai, in your other topic about the links you would like removed or possibly the entire topic.  I'm awaiting your reply.  :)

You don't need a Google Account to download files from someone else's account, Michael, so I'm not sure what's happening with this link.  I haven't tried it yet, but will do so shortly.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 10:28:17 AM »
That's what I thought, Roger. When I hover over the download links on that page, they look quite a bit different than links other people have posted here to files they're sharing from Google Drive, so it looks like the author of the blog page has made some sort of error in the way he tried to link to his shared files. It isn't a problem with Google Drive, and the links don't expose any files on other people's Google Drive pages, so there's no danger of anyone's private files being made public-- but as far as I can tell, neither do the links allow anyone who isn't on Google Drive to download the shared files.
Michael Rideout

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 10:31:08 AM »
I just tried to access the link you provided, Mihai.  I've attached a screen clip showing that This site can't be reached.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 10:48:23 AM »
Maybe you'd better open this link with Microsoft Edge ( win10 ) instead of Google ?
I met similar Google problems too in the past but ME was the only solution for me to avoid problems. ::)

Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 11:08:49 AM »
I just tried to access the link using both Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox, Jeff, and the result was the same as my default browser, Google Chrome.  :(
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Online Jeff Hollande

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 11:30:09 AM »
It was just an idea, Roger.
This problem will be different than mine. No doubt. :'(

Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 11:39:16 AM »
Roger-- Sorry, I probably should have mentioned that the link as it was posted contains an error... it starts with two "http://" instead of one. I had noticed that when I was reading the original post, so I copied the link and manually removed the extra "http://" so it would work. I probably should have corrected the link in the post as well! In fact, I'll do that now...
Michael Rideout

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 12:03:57 PM »
Thank you, Michael, for your attention to detail.  I should have noticed what you discovered, but failed to do so.  I assumed the link was copied and pasted into the post, but that was obviously a wrong assumption or somehow there was a glitch when it was copied and pasted, therefore the double "http://".

The corrected link now takes me to Swatantra's website.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Offline Misu

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 10:51:37 PM »
Dear friends,

Thanks a lot for your effort to help me,
On this time, I already erase my google drive, now I will try to change the link for the packs from the <Romanian custom style topic>.
I very much appreciate your help. Downloading file and link was not a real problem.
I was worry because I saw my entire drive, even I tried to share separate link for file.
For sure I made a mistake, or it is a bug of Windows or Google, my knowledge in this area is limited.

Thanks
Mihai