Author Topic: PSR S900 Midi Boffins to the Rescue Please!!  (Read 53 times)

Offline staylong

PSR S900 Midi Boffins to the Rescue Please!!
« on: November 24, 2017, 08:44:48 AM »
Hi Everyone,

This forum has been an absolute god send for information and lessons over the years and I hope someone can help pull it out of the hat for me one more time.

I run a small bar in Liberia West Africa.  I have a small band that play of the weekend, guitarist + keyboard player + 2 singers.

Anyway a month or so back I was home in the UK and had the opportunity to pick up a newish Merish 4  at great price http://merish4.m-live.com/en/  and brought it back with me.  Without going on their site the Merish 4 is amongst other things a  MIDI file player and I thought it would be good to incorporate this in the band and for Karaoke on another night. 

Here is my issue which I hope someone can help me with.

For part of the bands set they will use the S900 and its style files as they have for years and parts they will use the Mersih to play the MIDI Files (I understand that the S900 can play Midi files as well but the Merish has some other tricks) so at times the S900 is a control keyboard.   I can set this up and get it working, split the keyboard and have it embedded in each midi file the sounds which the keyboard player will play.  Nice.

But then I want them to switch back to using the PSR s900 style files.  Is this possible? or do I have to keep going into utilities and re-set the S900?  I don't want them to have issues when Live playing so a simple set up would be best.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Kind Regards

Steve Ambrose