Author Topic: Directory Display Corruption  (Read 643 times)

Offline chrisbell

Directory Display Corruption
« on: July 21, 2017, 08:25:03 AM »
Hi
I wonder if anyone has experienced this problem on the T4, or can advise please ? .....
Occasionally my display screen displays a corrupted list when I am viewing a folder containing registrations on the internal Hard Drive. I've attached a sample showing the problem. The folder contains approx 200 registrations. Each one has a number followed by the name of the song. What happens is that one of the registrations repeats line after line. I can continue scrolling down to view later registrations as normal, but if I try to scroll back up, the same registration is repeated ad infinitum. The only solution is to reboot the T4. Then everything is fine, until the problem appears again. Sometimes the situation is reversed and I can scroll back up but not down.
This only happens every month or so. So its not a great problem, but inconvenient if I am performing.
Does anyone have any advice please ?
Thanks
Chris
PSR Performer Page
Check out more of my music at : Amazon UK and http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/chrisbellmusic

Offline EileenL

Re: Directory Display Corruption
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 05:17:38 AM »
Hi Chris,
   Have you tried copying that folder to a USB pen and see if it dose the same thing.

Offline chrisbell

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 07:20:32 AM »
Hi Eileen
Nice to hear from you again  :)
I have done that, but the big problem is that this error only happens every few weeks, so its hard to test because its so irregular.
I was thinking it may be worth reformatting the hard drive ?  or maybe restoring the Tyros back to factory state ?
Thanks for your feedback
Chris
PSR Performer Page
Check out more of my music at : Amazon UK and http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/chrisbellmusic

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 03:57:08 PM »
Hi Chris,
   I have never heard of this happening before so it is hard to know if it is the hard drive or not. As long as you do a back up of the hard drive so that everything goes back OK then it may be worth doing a format.

Offline Arnak

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 05:39:15 AM »
Hi Chris,

Just a suggestion but why not contact Yamaha for their advice on  0844 811 1116.

It's charged at a local call rate from BT landline.8-))

Martin