Author Topic: PRS 9000 Hard Disk Fomat  (Read 723 times)

Offline filoaman

PRS 9000 Hard Disk Fomat
« on: June 25, 2017, 06:25:59 AM »
Hi
I try to format the installed hard disk in my PSR 9000.
The HD has 8GB capacity (I can easily get this information from the system details, within the "Functions" menu)
I know that i can't get more that  2GB per partition, but this is OK for my project right now.
I try to format the HD from the panel ("Disk" menu functions) and i only get 7208960 bytes !!!!!
In other words i can format my disk but i can get ONLY 7 MB !!!!!!

Any ideas? What i'm doing wrong?

Please note that removing the HD, format it  outside the PSR (in a computer for example) it's not an option. In any case i spend more then a week last year trying to format the HD in my computer and every time i install the disk, PSR prompt me that there is NO HD at all. So i get up with the 4 X 8 GB partitions and i decide to work with only 2 GB. But now i only get 7MB !!!!!

What i'm doing wrong?

Offline EileenL

Re: PRS 9000 Hard Disk Fomat
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 02:58:36 AM »
This keyboard dose not like partitioned hard drives. So remove them and format to FAT32 and try again.
The disk will use up so many bites on information so it won't read the full amount anyway.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 03:00:58 AM by EileenL »

Offline filoaman

Re: PRS 9000 Hard Disk Fomat
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 03:51:11 AM »
Finally i remove the HD from the  instrument and a friend of mine format it on Win XP on FAT(16) [not FAT32] using some old DOS utilities.
I put it back in the instrument and now i have at least 2GB. The rest of the partitions (my friend create 4 partitions of 2GB each) are not recognized by the instrument in any case.
At least i can work with the one 2GB partition. it is enough for my projects.