Author Topic: I hope the next Tyros 6 will have digital outputs  (Read 1623 times)

Offline dihelson

I hope the next Tyros 6 will have digital outputs
« on: June 19, 2017, 11:31:58 PM »

It´s about time the industry notice that today everything is digital. The less AD/DA conversion a signal may have, will be of benefit. When I plug my Tyros 5 on my excellent Mackie mixer, there´s a high noise floor, and some high pitch noises, perhaps related to the interference on the analog circuits. It would be good if Yamaha could give us a digital output, like many other brands, like Kurzweil. On the studio, this avoids noise and we have a perfect clean audio from the keyboard. Since Tyros is a complex machine, full of DSPs and many instruments, it would be of great benefit to improve signal to noise ratio and make it even more professional.
Time doesn´t matter. What matter most is how you live your little minutes. You´re unique amongst 7 billion people living on this planet. Live well !

Offline maartenb

Re: I hope the next Tyros 6 will have digital outputs
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 12:02:43 AM »
I'm surprised you experience a high noise floor with the Tyros 5. It sounds more like a grounding or interference problem. The Tyros 5 is pretty quiet.

As Paul explained, the Montage has a separate audio circuit (PAC, Pure Analogue Circuit) to make sure the analog audio out is crystal clear. Since I think Yamaha want to make the Genos more attractive to professional players, I hope that the Genos will have PAC as well.

And I hope that the Genos will have digital audio over USB, just like the Montage.

On the other hand, the Refaces only have analog outs and they sound excellent.

Maarten

P.S. I think this thread is better positioned in the "The next Yamaha keyboard" section of the forum.

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 12:43:06 AM »
As you can see, Maarten, I've moved this topic to the proper board.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: maartenb

Online Joe H

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 07:12:14 AM »
I think Maarten is right.  I have my S970 plugged into a Mackie mixer and monitor with headphones all the time.  I hear NO noise.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline dihelson

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 09:02:50 AM »
I'm surprised you experience a high noise floor with the Tyros 5. It sounds more like a grounding or interference problem. The Tyros 5 is pretty quiet.

As Paul explained, the Montage has a separate audio circuit (PAC, Pure Analogue Circuit) to make sure the analog audio out is crystal clear. Since I think Yamaha want to make the Genos more attractive to professional players, I hope that the Genos will have PAC as well.

And I hope that the Genos will have digital audio over USB, just like the Montage.

On the other hand, the Refaces only have analog outs and they sound excellent.

Maarten

Hello, Marteen and others. Thanks for the replies.
Indeed, this noise is not VERY high it´s there. I se Tyros 5 on possibly the best audio config output for the mixer, and when I turn of channels, there´s no noise, but it´s not notieable while playing. It´s more notieable high pitch when microphone input is on, a pich like 13Khz low volume, perhaps it doesn´t bother so much, but I can hear. I tried many things, tried to follow the signal, but looks like it´s an internal interference from circuits nearby. It doesn´t disturb a recording, but crystal clean it is not. Would be good if Yamaha corrected that, by turning available a digital output via optics or SPDIF, or even by USB, as you said. For playing in parties it´s no problem, but these excellent instruments if recorded solo, when there´s silence, one can hear high pitch, or at least, if I show to people the noise that they did not complain, they would notice. Digital outputs are available in much less expensible keyboards.
Time doesn´t matter. What matter most is how you live your little minutes. You´re unique amongst 7 billion people living on this planet. Live well !

Offline dihelson

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 04:46:28 AM »
No need for a digital out ...

Pro's dont need it on stage as their stage gear will probably not have one..
Same goes for home players... hell as long as they are using mp3, they will not notice the difference of a digital out..

However, what every keyboard needs is audio over USB..  so you can directly record from and to your PC... or mix vst sounds with your keyboard sounds...

This would also allow you to add a digital out to your PC and send your sound to it over the usb audio..

Your noise problem is definately not tyros related, there is no detectable noise on the outs..

Bachus, certainly IS. I will try to provide a video, a demo of this noise later. It´s like having a 13Khz generator on Tyros. When I turn off Tyros, the noise goes away. As I said, it´s not very loud, so, when playing , you can´t hear, but with high overall output volumes, it´s definetely noticeable in silence. It´s not crystal clear. My Kurzweil PC2r even on analog doesn´t have it, my Technics KN3000, Roland A90EX doesn´t have it at all.