Author Topic: music stand  (Read 1033 times)

Offline John Simkovich

music stand
« on: May 08, 2017, 06:58:06 PM »
Hello everyone,  I am in search for a Music Rack for the Tyros 3.    I did a gig and it cracked when i was transporting it.  Anyone know where i can get a new one?
Thanks
John
jps21021098@gmail.com

Offline jerryghr

Re: music stand
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 04:25:30 AM »
The tyros music stand is for individual sheets, and not suitable for larger books, or transporting easily.

I use this stand placed behind my Tyros.  It is adjustable, sturdy, and folds for transporting.

https://www.amazon.com/Stage-SM7211B-Professional-Folding-Orchestral/dp/B0002F7IN0/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1494328975&sr=1-1&keywords=on+stage+music+stand

Regards,

Jerryghr

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 03:48:21 AM »
Yamaha or your local Yamaha dealer would be the place to go. I have used quite heavy books on mine with no problem and my keyboard has been taken out a lot.

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 04:01:13 AM »
Hello John,,

When I bought a used Tyros 3 the owner did not provide the music rack and at the time I was not aware of the cost of
getting a replacement so I did not ask the owner to reduce his price in lieu of the missing rack.   I was living in Copenhagen
at the time and went to the main music store and ordered a replacement stand.   It was a couple hundred dollars..or more. I don't
have the sales slip anymore.   You might want to check the part number of that stand and see what the price is now for
replacement so you won't have any surprises.   It seems there are several options to that stand.   

Hope this helps.   PS the replacement stand did come with all the nuts, bolts and hardware to fit the ty 3 model.

cheers
elaine
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 04:02:15 AM by motekmusic »
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

Offline jerryghr

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 05:46:27 PM »
I looked at the T3 music stand and it looks like it is a do it yourself repair.

The plastic is just 1/8" plexi-glass that is held in by 2 screws.  You could have it cut  to the correct size tap the two screw holes and fit it into the original metal base.

26" X 8"   $10.80

http://www.delviesplastics.com/p/125_Cut_Acrylic_Sheet.html

You could even go with 1/8" Aluminum to prevent breaking.

Regards,

Jerryghr 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 08:26:50 PM by jerryghr »