Author Topic: On Broadway  (Read 1751 times)

Offline YammyFan

On Broadway
« on: May 03, 2017, 08:21:37 PM »
I once found a lovely style for my PSR 970. It was NOT a Free Play Style. It had 116 Beats Per Minute.
It was called "On Broadway"  It had Orchestral Flute   Ballad Strings   Cornet   Symphonic Horn 1
I never used it for The Song "On Broadway" but found it worked beautifully for the Easter Hymn.
 Hoping  someone  out there can tell me where I can get this wonderful style from.

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: On Broadway
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 10:38:05 PM »
Here are several styles for you to try, YammyFan.  I hope you're able to find the specific style you're searching for.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: nilss, Eli1256

Offline deepsae48

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 02:57:34 AM »
Thank you Roger for the zip file

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 03:06:43 AM »
What keyboard do you have. You will find it on Tyros 5 in the Movie and Show page two.

Offline YammyFan

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 04:17:13 AM »
Thanks, Eileen. I have a PSR 970.

Offline YammyFan

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 04:20:23 AM »
Thank you Roger for the zip file
Thanks, Roger. I tried the files you suggested, but they are  not what I am looking for.

Offline ticktock

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 09:00:44 AM »
Hi YammyFan,

Would it be "MovieSwing1"? It's not a free play style and has 116 bpm.
Just wondering!

Ted

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 09:45:35 AM »
I once found a lovely style for my PSR 970. It was NOT a Free Play Style. It had 116 Beats Per Minute.
It was called "On Broadway"  It had Orchestral Flute   Ballad Strings   Cornet   Symphonic Horn 1
I never used it for The Song "On Broadway" but found it worked beautifully for the Easter Hymn.
 Hoping  someone  out there can tell me where I can get this wonderful style from.

Hi YammyFan,

There is preset style called 'OnBroadway' in the Movie & Show category of your S970.  The OTS 1, 2, 3 & 4 voices for R1 are exactly the same as you quoted in your post!   

It is a Free Play style, but all Free Play styles still display a tempo even though you don't play them in strict tempo.  For this style it shows a tempo of 120 bpm.  Perhaps seeing the tempo on the screen is making you think that it is not a Free Play style!

I suspect that this may be the style that you are looking for, but are not trying all the four main variations. 

Remember that if you use the OTS buttons to change the voices, this will not change the style variation too! 

I remember you asking a question about the difference between the OTS and style Main Variation buttons some time ago, which suggested that you were only using the OTS buttons at that time.

I think that you should try the style, making sure that you try all four main variations (A, B, C & D) by pressing the Style Control buttons on the left side of the keyboard.

It just seems too much of a coincidence that the style name and the R1 voices in the OTS are just as you described them!

Regards

Ian

Offline YammyFan

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 10:15:49 PM »
Hi YammyFan,

Would it be "MovieSwing1"? It's not a free play style and has 116 bpm.
Just wondering!

Ted
Thank you Ted. I tried your suggestion, but no. still not the Style I'm looking  for.

Offline YammyFan

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 04:32:33 AM »
Than you, Ian. for your post ,which set me on the track to finding the source of the Style called "On Broadway" I now know that it WAS  a Free Style  and I got it from a list of FreeStyles put on the internet by Andrew Gilbert . Tomorrow I will post a photo on this Forum of the screen of my PSR 970 which will show more details of this lovely  style  which goes so well with that great Easter Hymn '" Jesus Christ is risen today Hallelujah" It also goes rather well, I think, with "Abide with Me Fast falls the Eventide" Also I find it interesting that when I went to you tube to listen to the song called " On Broadway" it seemed to me that  the Free Style I got from Andrew Gilbert's was a far cry from what
 was being played on you tube. Andrew's style for " On Broadway" was very churchy . I don't go to church, but some of the hymn tunes I learnt at school still resonate with me.It is also interesting that a lot of hymns are in waltz time.

There is preset style called 'OnBroadway' in the Movie & Show category of your S970.  The OTS 1, 2, 3 & 4 voices for R1 are exactly the same as you quoted in your post!   

It is a Free Play style, but all Free Play styles still display a tempo even though you don't play them in strict tempo.  For this style it shows a tempo of 120 bpm.  Perhaps seeing the tempo on the screen is making you think that it is not a Free Play style!

I suspect that this may be the style that you are looking for, but are not trying all the four main variations. 

Remember that if you use the OTS buttons to change the voices, this will not change the style variation too! 

I remember you asking a question about the difference between the OTS and style Main Variation buttons some time ago, which suggested that you were only using the OTS buttons at that time.

I think that you should try the style, making sure that you try all four main variations (A, B, C & D) by pressing the Style Control buttons on the left side of the keyboard.

It just seems too much of a coincidence that the style name and the R1 voices in the OTS are just as you described them!

Regards

Ian

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 08:54:40 AM »
For that song, I have been using the 60s Guitar Pop style of the S-950, "A" Variation, tempo of 115. Give it a try.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2017, 04:40:26 AM »
This is the style and as you will see I have set it to 80BPM. This is so the multi pad it also uses dose not go to fast. It is still a free Style though.

The following users thanked this post: Ray Eyden, thomas750

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2017, 10:40:51 AM »
Thank you, Eileen, for the modified style.  I'm fairly certain I have this style, the only difference being you have set this one to 80 BPM.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline YammyFan

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2017, 04:26:06 PM »
Thank you, Eileen, for the modified style.  I'm fairly certain I have this style, the only difference being you have set this one to 80 BPM.
Wonderful.  Thanks Roger  and Eileen. Between You both and Tyrosaurus's help  my problem has been solved. I love this Style.
It also sounds rather good as a backing for "Shenandoah" IMO
I use the word "backing" because I am not sure if that is the right word for providing an accompaniment for the melody I am playing.
Are there other words I could use?

Offline EileenL

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 05:13:06 AM »
I usually refer to it as a style but it dose not really matter.