Author Topic: Blackpool home of the mighty Wurlitzer  (Read 595 times)

Offline Andy in Blackpool

Blackpool home of the mighty Wurlitzer
« on: April 18, 2017, 04:00:52 AM »
Hi everyone from sunny Blackpool England
My name is Andy and i have a Tyros 5-76 and a technics KN6000
I have been playing for many years but now due to ill health I can only play for a short lengths at a time still I enjoy playing and also meeting and getting to know fellow players
So if anyone wants to pop round for a cuppa and play a few tunes swap ideas etc give me a shout

Andy

Offline MINKYCATS

Re: Blackpool home of the mighty Wurlitzer
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 09:24:35 AM »
Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forums. You will find everyone so friendly and helpful. The information and advice you can get is unbelievable.

You are so lucky to be living in Blackpool where you can go and listen to the Tower Wurlitzer.

I live in Walsall where the first Wurlitzer to be installed in a cinema was established in the "Picture House" which later became the "Odeon".

I've played many cinema organs and would love to play the Tower organ.

Enjoy the forums.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Tyros 5 - 61
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000 and others.

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 10:00:41 AM »
Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  I see you are an experienced keyboard player and own a Tyros 5.  You'll find lots of help here for your keyboard, if needed.  As Trevor said, you're also most fortunate to be living in Blackpool where you can go listen to the Tower Wurlitzer.

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, but I hope your love of music still brings comfort and peace of mind to you.

You'll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.
http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:
http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

We're so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  There are many members here who are always most willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Online keyplayer

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 11:56:06 AM »
Hi Andy, this is a great forum, lots of help and information. I'm sure you will enjoy being part of it.
I'm from Norfolk myself but coincidently have just spent 6 hours dancing at the tower ballroom today with my husband! John Bowdler was brilliant as usual on the Wurlitzer and Mark Allen (not heard of him before so a new face to me) was just as brilliant on the electronic (I'm not sure what it is they have got in there at the moment). Shame I didn't see your post earlier or I could have popped over for a cuppa and played a few tunes.
Pam