Author Topic: info on 3000's lyric display  (Read 574 times)

Offline ekurburski

info on 3000's lyric display
« on: April 11, 2017, 12:43:42 PM »
What is the easist way to import lyrics with chord symbols above the lyrics like:
     C
Oh when the saints go marching in
                                                 G7
Oh when the saints fo marching in

I want to build up a database of tunes I do & don't need the score.  just lyrics and chords for a cheat sheet that I can quickly access on the keyboard.
PSR740, PSR3000, tx7, mt32, mirage, ProTiools 10,11 Sonar,  Reaper, BIAB2018 an a 4' stack of computer Music mags

Offline travlin-easy

Re: info on 3000's lyric display
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 04:23:01 PM »
Earl,

It's fairly easy. Here's some information found on Page 65 of the owners manual:

PSR-A3000 Owner’s Manual 65 Songs – Playing, Practicing and Recording Songs –3
When the selected Song contains lyrics data, you can view it on the instrument’s
 display. Even if the Song does not contain lyrics data, you can view the lyrics on the display by loading the text file (.txt file less than 60 KB) created on a computer via USB flash drive.

Text display allows for a variety of useful and convenient possibilities, such as the showing of lyrics, chord charts, and performance notes.
Select a Song (steps 1 – 3 on page 62).
Press the [LYRICS/TEXT] button to call up the LYRICS/TEXT
display. You can switch between the LYRICS display and the TEXT display by using
the up and down buttons.
When the Song data contains lyrics data, the lyrics are shown on the LYRICS display. You can look through the entire lyrics by using the TAB left or right buttons when Song playback is stopped. As Song playback starts, the color of the lyrics changes, indicating the current position. To view the text file on the TEXT display, press one of the number buttons at the bottom of the display.

(TEXT FILES) buttons to call up the File Selection display and select the desired file created on your computer.
For more information about the LYRICS (TEXT) display, refer to the Advanced
Features section (page 145)

Good luck,

Gary
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: ekurburski