Author Topic: Urdu fonts for lyrics on tyros 4  (Read 557 times)

Offline ghqasim

Urdu fonts for lyrics on tyros 4
« on: March 23, 2017, 12:41:25 PM »
Hi

Anyone knows if i could save notepad with Urdu lyrics of  songs?
I know all about how to save English songs on notepad but to save unicode fonts
not displaying readable on LCD screen

Please help

Dr Qasim

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Urdu fonts for lyrics on tyros 4
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 02:27:08 PM »
Here is a link to a YouTube video showing how to enter and display Urdu with MS Notepad and Word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHUecIFOGYM

However even if you create lyrics or text files in Urdu, I don't believe that your T4 will display them correctly!

There is a setting in the song settings display (FUNCTION > SONG SETTING) which determines the language used to display lyrics.

This can be set to INTERNATIONAL (i.e. a western language), JAPANESE or AUTO.   Lyrics are supposed to be displayed according to this setting, but I suspect that the only non-western language that can be displayed is Japanese.  However it might be worth trying it!

If as I suspect, the above doesn't do what you want, the only way that I can think of to display an unsupported language on the text or lyrics displays is to make a text file in the language that you want to use, then screen copy each page, and transfer it to an image editing program such as Paint.  Now save as a '.bmp' image file of maximum size 640 x 480 pixels.  You can then specify this to use as the background for the Text display.  If you don't load a text file, then you should only see the 'background' file in the display.  I have tried this with a '.bmp' image of a text file in English, and it works as long as you have worked out the line length and max. number of lines per page for the font size that you want to use.  You can select the relevant background image file from the Text/Lyrics display, but although you can include a Text file in a registration, you can't include the background which is what this method needs to display!

It is a somewhat clumsy solution, but it might work for you if you can't find a better way!

Regards

Ian