Author Topic: Edit Drum but not all bars show up in the window  (Read 660 times)

Offline 4EverYoung

Edit Drum but not all bars show up in the window
« on: March 03, 2017, 11:43:13 AM »
Hello friends,
I try to edit my drum on my S900.  The style is converted from SFF2 to SFF1 format and one of the sounds is the whistle.  I try to edit it but not all bars show up.  As you can see (picture), bar jumps from 2 to 21.  Please help

Offline EileenL

Re: Edit Drum but not all bars show up in the window
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 02:27:11 PM »
Most styles only have four bars in them. Maybe the conversion has not worked properly.

Offline 4EverYoung

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 04:56:05 PM »
This is the intro1. 

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 05:55:07 PM »
There is obviously something wrong with the style. I would doubt that 'Style Creator' has become corrupted!

Whilst I don't know when the 'whistle' should play, there are seven instances of the same note event, all at the same time (021:1:0000), note, velocity and gate time, which is silly!  ???

To start with I would suggest looking at the style on your computer using a program such as Michael Bedesem's 'MixMaster' or similar, or even a DAW, although be aware that DAWS tend to strip out the CASM section of styles, so you would not be able to edit the style in one of these without using additional software to save and restore the CASM.  However you should be able to at least look at the style using one.

This should allow you to see the whole picture of what is going on in the style's MIDI code on all channels, and in all style parts, unlike Yamaha's restricted, filtered view.   

As Eileen has said, perhaps the conversion from SFF2 to SFF1 has corrupted the style.  If you have the SFF2 version you could compare it with the SFF1 conversion using the programs suggested above.

Alternatively, you could attach the style to your reply if you want someone else to look at it for you.

If you want to try 'MixMaster' (which does not affect the CASM even if you edit and save the style), you can download it from the page at this link...

http://psrtutorial.com/MB/mixMaster.html

Regards

Ian