Author Topic: Tyros foot pedal fill break  (Read 878 times)

Offline Niceonetidy

Tyros foot pedal fill break
« on: February 25, 2017, 09:07:29 AM »
Hi All,

My pedal is set up for a fill break, I had though it would work the same as pressing the button, however it latches on.  Is this normal or should it just break for one bar?

Thank you,

Colin

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Tyros foot pedal fill break
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 09:38:32 AM »
Hi Colin,

I suppose that you have already checked the obvious thing, i.e. that the pedal is a momentary type, and not a latching one!

Assuming that it is a momentary one, then this will happen if the polarity for that pedal input is set wrongly.

On my Tyros4, although the function assigned to each pedal (annoyingly!  >:() reverts back to the default setting each time that you turn the keyboard off, the polarity settings are retained!

You can check the polarity and change it if necessary by pressing FUNCTION > CONTROLLER > tab to FOOT PEDAL.

Make sure that you select the relevant pedal to see the currently set polarity for that input.  Even if you don't know the actual polarity of your pedal, just try the other setting and see if that resolves the problem.  You won't damage the pedal or keyboard.

Regards

Ian

Offline Niceonetidy

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 11:02:47 AM »
Thank you Ian for your reply.  Its a good point about he switching in the pedal, I will swap it with the other one I have and see if it's the same.

Regards

Colin

Offline Niceonetidy

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 11:19:25 AM »
Ian,

Ah, I had the polarity set incorrectly, so it would only see the signal change after a press, and then needed another pedal press to see the signal transitions again.

Thank you,

Colin