Author Topic: Struggling !!  (Read 5251 times)

Offline yamamans

Struggling !!
« on: February 05, 2017, 03:34:11 AM »
Hello to you all,Well,having recently purchased a new psr ew 400.. thought it would be relatively easy to understand how it operates...Well I'm wrong,I am struggling,I know I'm an old timer but still thought I would be able to work through it !!....Every thing seems to be so complicated..!!On my older keyboards or organs it was simplicity itself to do melody on cord,select instruments,tempos,etc..All I seem to do is get totally confused ..And end up switching the keyboard off and walking away totally disgruntled and annoyed with my self for my inability to understand.
Unfortunately there is nowhere and no one  around where I live to ask and physically show me what to do..
I've been in touch with My YAMAHA dealer,and even contact YAMAHA (Europe)....All they could suggest was to phone them up and they would talk me through it...(at what cost!!!..???)....I need a DVD to physically show me how to programme the thing....I know it's a tall order but does anyone know where I can obtain such a DVD to get me started ?
Otherwise it seems that I've wasted a whole lot of money.....Anyone... PLEASE..
And thanks for reading.

The following users thanked this post: Aussiejean

Offline Gunnar Jonny

Re: Struggling !!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 04:35:09 AM »
Hi.

I did a web search for your model. Could no find any DVD, but at page 18 in usermanual there is a QuickGuide that may be nice for a start?
Here is a link to the Yamaha support site with downloads of manuals and more.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/digitalkeyboards/portable_keyboards/psr-ew400/

This link should bring you stright to the manual:
http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=en&site=usa.yamaha.com&asset_id=67277

Also some videos at YouTube, maybe some of that stuff bring up any ideas too.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=psr+ew+400

Good Luck, have fun. :)
Cheers & Happy Playing.  :)
GJ

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 06:58:45 AM »
Hi yamamans,

I have just read your post and I am sorry to hear that you are having problems learning how to set up your new keyboard.

I myself am not familiar with the E series keyboards from yamaha and so can't  be of much help. I feel sure that you will get help from other members who have the same or a similar keyboard.

Please don't  feel disheartened and give up, We all have to start somewhere when we encounter a new operating system. It can be slow going in the beginning but I know that with a little help and patience you will get to know your instrument and derive many hours of pleasure and enjoyment from it.

It may take some time to familiarise yourself with the keyboard but your perseverence will be rewarded.

Good luck in your new musical adventure.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Tyros 5 - 61
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000 and others.

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 11:52:52 AM »
Regarding playing chords on the left side of a split-- i.e., by pressing the ACMP ON/OFF button-- the keyboard uses one of the Strings voices for the chords, and I haven't found a way to change the voice used. :(
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 02:48:18 PM »
Why don't you tell us what you're trying to do? Someone here can certainly help you.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline SciNote

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 12:03:00 AM »
I guess it depends on what you're used to.  The PSR-E4xx series of keyboards do work a bit differently than some of Yamaha's previous keyboards of this level.  I'll try to help.  I have a PSR-E433, but the E453 and EW400 work in a similar fashion.  Hopefully, these pointers help, somewhat.  Of course, if someone sees that I made a mistake here, please let me know!

First of all, note that there are three user selectable voices -- the Main Voice, the Dual Voice, and the Split Voice.  The Main Voice is, well, the main voice that you hear and play when you hit the "Voice" button, and then select a voice (or sound) using the numeric keypad (or the rotary knob -- the big rotary knob, not the smaller live sound control knobs).

The Dual Voice, when switched on, is the voice that plays along with the main voice when you hit a key, meaning that with the Dual Voice switched on, each time you hit a key, you will hear two sounds at once -- the Main Voice, and the Dual Voice.  It is also possible to change the volume, octave, filter, and other settings of each of these voices separately to give you all kinds of control over the sound, but never mind that, for now -- just concentrate on the basics, for now.  Just remember that each time you push the "Dual Voice" button, you toggle between whether the Dual Voice is turned on or off.  When it is turned off, you will only hear the Main Voice when you play a key, but when it is turned on, you will hear both the Main Voice and the Dual Voice when you hit a key.

Now, selecting what voice, or sound, is going to play as the Dual Voice is where things can get a little tricky, but let's cover one more thing first... The Split Voice.

The Split Voice, when Split Voice is turned on, is the voice, or sound, that will play on the left side of the keyboard.  Exactly what point on the keyboard divides the left side and the right side can be changed, but don't worry about that for now.  So, like with the "Dual Voice" button, each time you hit the "Split Voice" button, you toggle between the Split Voice being turned on or off.  When it is off, the entire keyboard will only play the Main Voice and, if it is turned on, the Dual Voice (this is assumes that Automatic Accompaniment is switched off -- more on that in a bit).  But when the Split Voice is switched on (and Auto Accompaniment is switched off), then you will hear the sound selected as the Split Voice when you play notes on the left side of the keyboard.

So, to play the keyboard like a basic piano, you make sure that Dual Voice, Split Voice, and Auto Accompaniment are switched off, and then the entire keyboard will simply play what you select as the Main Voice.  Now, as Michael described above, when you turn on the Auto Accompaniment by hitting that button, then the left side of the keyboard will play automatic bass and chords depending on the notes you play on the left side of the keyboard.  The right side of the keyboard will still play the Main Voice and, if switched on, the Dual Voice.  So, this is how to get your basic melody on chord -- turn on the Auto Accompaniment, play the melody on the right side of the keyboard, and play either easy-play single finger chords, or full multi-note chords, on the left side of the keyboard.  Hitting the "Style" button and then selecting the desired Style using the numeric keypad or rotary knob changes the rhythm and instrumentation of the Auto Accompaniment on the left side of the keyboard, and then you hit the "Start/Stop" button (on the left side of the keyboard, with the other style/accompaniment feature buttons) to actually get the style and rhythm playing -- more on that in a bit.

SELECTING THE VOICES FOR MAIN VOICE, DUAL VOICE, AND SPLIT VOICE -- THIS IS IMPORTANT!  Before continuing, it is important to go over how these voices are set, because this can get quite confusing if you are unfamiliar with how the keyboard works.  Now, as I said earlier, when you hit the "Voice" button and then select a voice using the numeric keypad or the rotary knob, that is how you change the sound of the Main Voice.  But it is important to realize that, by selecting or changing the Main Voice, the keyboard will also change the Dual Voice -- it is preprogrammed to select a Dual Voice that Yamaha determined was a good complement to the Main Voice.  Yes, you can change the Dual Voice (and turn it on or off), but just remember that if you have already set up a Dual Voice (which I'll describe how to do next), if you then change the Main Voice, you will also change the Dual Voice.  So, if you are going to use a Dual Voice, it is important to select the Main Voice before you set up the Dual Voice.

So, how to change the Dual Voice?  Well, yes, you can hit the FUNCTION button, then use the function up/down buttons to go through all the functions to find the Dual Voice setting, but the easiest way is to just HOLD DOWN THE "DUAL VOICE" BUTTON for a few seconds -- that will get you directly to the Dual Voice sound setting.  At that point, you can use the numeric keypad or rotary knob to select the Dual Voice that you want.  Remember that, if Dual Voice was not already turned on, you may still need to just tap the Dual Voice button (after you select your desired Dual Voice sound) to actually turn on the Dual Voice.  Think of it like an old-style radio -- you can turn the tuning dial to whatever station or frequency you want to hear, but if you don't actually turn on the radio, you won't hear it.

Split voice works in a similar way -- To change the Split Voice sound you want to hear, you just HOLD DOWN THE "SPLIT VOICE" BUTTON for a few seconds -- that gets you to the Split Voice sound setting, and then using the numeric keypad or rotary knob allows you to select the sound you want as the Split Voice.  And like with Dual Voice, if Split Voice was not turned on, you may still need to tap the Split Voice button after you select the Split Voice sound to actually turn on the Split Voice.

Note that, after holding down the Dual Voice or Split Voice buttons to directly access the function to select or change those sounds, you can then use the function up and down buttons to easily access other functions (like volume and octave) related to those sounds, but again, you may want to just concentrate on the basics, for now.

Finally, to select your background rhythm/style, you hit the "Style" button, and then select the Style you want to use by using the numeric keypad or rotary knob.  Once you do that, if you hit the "Start/Stop" button (toward the left side of the keyboard, with the "Auto Accompaniment" button and other style feature buttons), you start the style playing.  If Auto Accompaniment is switched off, you'll just get the drums of the style.  This allows you to play your own background notes with your left hand (either by using the Split Voice or not using the Split voice), but to still have an automatic "drummer" playing for you.

If you turn on Auto Accompaniment, you get the full bass and chord background based on what notes you play on the left side of the keyboard.  Use the "Tempo" button to change the speed that the style plays.  After hitting the "Tempo" button, use the numeric keypad or rotary knob to select the speed of the style in beats per minute.

As you can see, with all of these features, you practically have an entire orchestra at your fingertips!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 01:01:27 AM by SciNote »
Bob
Yamaha PSR-E433
Yamaha PSR-520

Offline yamamans

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 09:56:15 AM »
Hi BOB thank you so very ,very much for putting together such a comprehensive and ellucidating explanation of how I get to go about untangling the mysteries and complexities of my PSR EW 400...
I've now in the throws of printing it off...This way hopefully I will be able to read,learn and digest the information you gave and actually get to playing some music....It was extremely kind of you to go to all that trouble.. THANKYOU !!
As I said earlier,I've played more simplistic keyboards in the past,and overtime I've managed to sort it out myself.
But this time I was seriously wondering if I'd bitten off more than I could chew ..!
Also,one of the problems was that where I live there are no music shops nearby that I could visit to try out keyboards, hence I bought it totally blind,and obviously no one to ask for help....Lesson now learned.... I've even been searching the local web to see if there were any keyboard tutors ....Guess what ?.....None !!!
I hope you don't mind Fred,but I want to use this opportunity to thank all of those who have replied to my plight on my "struggling".. Pleas....Thanks Guys ;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:36:09 AM by yamamans »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 11:07:12 AM »
Hi Fred,thank you so very ,very much for putting together such a comprehensive and ellucidating explanation of how I get to go about untangling the mysteries and complexities of my PSR EW 400...

Bob's the one you need to thank for his detailed post. But I'm sure he's glad it helped.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline yamamans

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 11:38:18 AM »
Hi Fred,many thanks for pointing out my mistake...Derrrr!! :-\

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 08:33:15 PM »
To add a little to what Bob wrote, trying to find and select a voice can be overwhelming. But the two CATEGORY buttons can help you find a voice more quickly. While in the voice selection mode, pressing one of the CATEGORY buttons will jump forward or backward to the next or previous category of voices:

PIANO
E.PIANO
ORGAN
ACCORDION
GUITAR
etc.

If you look at the list of voices in the PSR-E453/PSR-EW400 Data List, you'll see that they're divided up into these categories. So if you turn on the keyboard and get the Grand Piano voice, but you want to play with one of the organ voices, use the CATEGORY buttons to jump ahead to the first voice in the ORGAN category, then use the plus and minus keys on the keypad to move forward or backward one voice at a time from there. Of course, you can also just type in the voice number if you know it, or spin the data dial until you see the voice you want. But if you don't have the Data List handy for looking up the number of the voice you want to use, the CATEGORY buttons might help you find it.

Note that there are actually two classes of voices-- panel voices and XGlite voices-- and they're listed separately in the voice list. What this means in practical terms is that there are two sets of piano voices-- the voices in the PIANO category and the voices in the XG PIANO category-- as well as two sets of E.PIANO voices, ORGAN voices, STRING voices, SYNTH voices, etc. Consequently, you might want to check in both sets when you're looking for a particular sound.
Michael Rideout

Offline yamamans

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 01:09:15 AM »
Thank you Michael,I am compiling a hard copy of all these great recommended tips and information ,can't thank you all enough. ;)

Offline SciNote

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 01:46:01 AM »
Glad I could help!  And Michael's post about the categories of voices is also a very good point.  With over 700 voices on these keyboards, it can get a bit overwhelming.  It used to be the case that, on keyboards like this, the numeric voice number and voice name of the available voices were printed on the panel of the keyboard.  That was fine when these keyboards only provided 100-150 voices.  But with the hundreds of voices now available, there just isn't room to list them all.  And eliminating this list on the panel (and only providing the numeric ranges of general voice categories) also gives the keyboard a more professional look, in my opinion.  I know my keyboard came with a pamphlet that lists all of the available voices -- I don't know if the EW400 comes with a similar pamphlet or if it is only available online now.

It may also be worthwhile to point out that some of the voices automatically turn on the Dual Voice feature.  This is because, when Yamaha was coming up with all of the sounds that they wanted to put in these keyboards, some of the sounds they wanted to provide were more complex than what could be provided with just one voice, so the keyboard is programmed to automatically provide a Dual Voice (with a variety of settings all related to that voice) to complete the sound.  These voices can be easily identified because when you select them, the "Dual Voice" indicator on the LCD display automatically comes on.  So, with these voices, since Yamaha already provides a Dual Voice, you cannot add one of your own.  Of course, you can change the settings of the Dual Voice, but of course, that will change the overall sound.

Additionally, once you get familiar with these basics that we've gone over concerning the basic set-up of sounds, you can start experimenting with changing the volume, octave, chorus, reverb, panning, filter, envelope generator settings, and DSP settings of these sounds.  This is where you can really get a mind-bending variety of sound possibilities to really zero in on the sound that you want!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 01:47:55 AM by SciNote »
Bob
Yamaha PSR-E433
Yamaha PSR-520

Offline yamamans

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 02:35:38 AM »
Many thanks Bob,as I said I'm so very greatful for ALL the help and suggestions.
Well now the instrument will not languish in the spare room in solitude..lol ;)

Offline andyg

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 02:10:51 PM »
.... I've even been searching the local web to see if there were any keyboard tutors ....Guess what ?.....None !!!

1) We're a rare-ish breed! You want a proper keyboard teacher for this. I wouldn't advise going to a piano teacher who just dabbles with keyboard, however well-intentioned they may be. I've had to 'rescue' quite a few students who have been taught in most odd ways!
2) If you're in the UK, then go here: http://www.uwl.ac.uk/academic-schools/music/lcm-exams/public-exam-centres  LCM have a network of local reps who organise their music exams. They know all the local teachers and they also know which ones are the good ones - they see their students' exam results, after all! If you're outside the UK, that page will also have details of overseas contacts who may be able to help.
3) You ideally need some 1 to 1 tuition on how the keyboard works, as well as getting you started on making music on it and perhaps even setting some registrations into it. There are teachers who will do this without asking that you sign up to lots of lessons. I regularly do this, and the players decide how many sessions they want, and how often.

There's always help available on here, as you've already found from SciNote's excellent post. However, nothing beats the personal touch and I hope you can find someone local to you.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline yamamans

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2017, 12:09:55 PM »
This question is for  Fred Smith,
Hi Fred,sorry be been a bit late in replying to you question"what do you want to do"...Well,I'm ok at switching it on
(Yamaha PSR EW 400)...But after that it all downhill !!...The keyboard just plays Grand piano...I want it to do melody on chord,and as for this split,well I think the only way I will achieve MOC and auto rythem (including bass)..And well as far as split is concerned....The next step is to split it with an axe !!!....I've never encountered such a complicated keyboard and I've got to admit ,I've made the mistake,a question of ambitions mixed up with my capabilities.
So,all one asking for is a DVD of step by step on how to achieve some basic set up instructions.
And I want to thank all the other members for their help and suggestions .
Strangely enough, YAMAHA have put out a video on basic setups...But they were in Servo Croation..Or some other exteranious language....But obviously YAMAHA don't consider the ENGLISH speaking majority important !!
By the way Fred,if you fancy doing a video on a few basic Psr ew 400 set up tips ...???....Well I would certainly be willing to pay,........Just a thought ..Anyway many thanks for your initial interest and suggestions... ;)

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 12:52:15 PM »
I'm not sure if the PSR-EW400 comes with a power adapter, or if it has to be purchased separately. And I'm not sure whether Yamaha makes a Survival Kit that includes the specific power adapter which the PSR-EW400 requires. But the Survival Kits that I've purchased for my PSR-E/YPT models have always included a DVD that talks about how to play with styles, or something like that (I've actually never watched it). And while the style-related controls on the PSR-EW400 are different than those on the PSR-S and Tyros models, the video tutorials on this site (http://psrtutorial.com/lessons/index.html) might be helpful to you.
Michael Rideout

Offline Dimi.D

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 02:58:33 AM »
Hello yamamans,

My name is Dimi and before 6 months I bought a PSR EW400 my self, replacing my PSR S650, because I wanted to focus more on piano learning, without completely losing the arranger functions.
Now, I am not a "guru" on keyboards like many other members of this forum but I think I could be of some assistance to you if you choose so.
Like Fred said, it would be easier for me-us to help if we could answer to specific questions on what you need to do.
So, I think it would be better if you could place your questions one by one in the form of :
1)...
2)...
3)...
and so on...
and then, me or any other member would be able to answer to those questions and hopefully help you with whatever matter you are struggling with.

Regards

Dimi
Psr S650, Psr EW400

Offline SciNote

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2017, 12:43:29 PM »
I would say it all comes down to trying to be more specific with your questions so we could zero in on exactly how to help you or let you know what buttons you need to press on the keyboard to get the desired result, without giving you a flood of information that you may not yet need, which could just make things more confusing.

For example, you said you want to do "melody on chord".  Do you mean that you simply want the left hand to play a different sound than what the right hand is playing?  Or do you mean that, when you play a chord with your left hand, you want it to sound like a full band backing you up, complete with rhythmic chords, phrases, and a bass line?  And if that is the case, do you intend to play an actual multi-note chord to get that effect, or are you looking for an "easy play" solution, where you just play one or two keys and get an entire background?  All of the above is possible with your keyboard, but we just need to know more precisely what you want to do to give you more specific guidance.
Bob
Yamaha PSR-E433
Yamaha PSR-520

Offline andyg

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 03:31:25 PM »
For those not so familiar with the term. "Melody On Chord" was Yamaha's trade name for its right hand harmony effect. On their keyboards it's called simply Harmony, so that's the feature yamamans should be looking for - assuming that the styles section has first been enabled by pressing ACMP On, of course.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline SciNote

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 04:36:36 PM »
After I submitted my last post, I was wondering about that.  And, yes, that is also possible on the EW400.  But, like you said, for the auto-harmony effect, where playing one right-hand melody note results in multiple notes sounding (as if playing right-hand chords), then you are correct in that the Auto Accompaniment needs to be switched on.  And also, the Harmony feature needs to be set to the proper selection, because that feature also includes effects, such as tremolo and echo, that have nothing to do with right-hand harmony/chord notes.

And in this case, just like with using the buttons to turn on and select the Dual Voice and Split Voice sounds, you tap the Harmony button to turn the effect on or off, and you hold down the Harmony button for a few seconds to take you directly to the function to select which Harmony feature you want to use, and then you use the rotary knob or numeric keypad to select the desired Harmony effect.  I believe there is one labeled "Trio", which should give full sounding right-hand chords by playing a single melody note when the Auto Accompaniment is switched on and in use.
Bob
Yamaha PSR-E433
Yamaha PSR-520

Offline yamamans

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2017, 02:52:55 AM »
Hi Andy G and Skynote...Many thanks for your very valued contibutions regarding my problems.AND I think your last comments regarding my plights are what I'm trying to achieve.
1).....After switching on I need to be able to play a full accompanied chord with my left hand,Inc bass in other words full accompaniment whilst playing the melody on chord with my right hand....If I can achieve this It would be great to actual play something.!!!!!Many thanks guys...So if you can give me a step by step to achieve this I would be eternally grateful... :D

Offline andyg

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2017, 03:47:35 AM »
1) Switch on keyboard!  ;)
2) Press ACMP ON (left most button in the Style section at the left)
3) Select suitable style - Press Style button then use keypad
4) Set Tempo if the default is not right for you. Press Tempo, then use the data wheel or keypad Note: Do this after selecting the style.
5) Select suitable melody sound. Press Voice and use the keypad
6) Press the Function button. The display will show Style Vol. Use the data wheel to turn this down from the default 100 to 75 or 80. This is a 'set and forget' setting and the keyboard will retain it until you alter it again.
7)Press Function again, then use the 'UP' Category button a few times until the display shows Touch Sense (it will be abbreviated to something like TCH SENSE). Use the data wheel to set this to FIXED if you don't want any touch response or SOFT if you do. This is another 'set and forget' setting, only countermanded if you decide to change it or if you accidentally hit the Portable Grand button.

That's basically it. Press Sync Start so the keyboard waits for you to play a left hand chord, then start playing!

OK, there are other things to think about. If you want MOC - or Harmony as they now call it - press and hold the Harmony button for a couple of seconds. The display will show you the current harmony type. This will vary depending on your choice of sound, but is usually on Duet. Use the data wheel to set this to the more useful Trio setting - that's like the old MOC on the organ.

You might occasionally find that a melody voice is too soft. If so, press Function and use the Category UP or DOWN buttons to get to M.VOL and increase it. I class this as a bug and have made Yamaha well aware of the issue many times. They can't be bothered to reset things. Why they have the Strings come in at level 67 (about half volume) escapes me!

At this point, press and Hold the Memory button. While holding it, press button 1 next to it to store the current settings. You can then return to these settings simply by pressing button 1 on its own. The settings are retained even when you switch off, so next time you simply switch on and press button 1 to get back to a good 'starting point'. After that, you simply choose style, tempo and sound as detailed above!

Hope that all helps!  :D

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline yamamans

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2017, 10:41:09 AM »
Hooooooray.......!!!!!!!.....Yippy, and YAHOOOOOOOOoooooooo !!!!!..... Andrew...It actually works.... Perfectly !!... Honestly I can't thank you enough...I actually PLAYED my YAMAHA PSR EW 400 or the first time today !!!...And now I'm actually seeing how great the initial sound is...And now hopefully "Thanks to you Andrew and all the other members I can now actually start to enjoy my music again.... Thanks Guys, you've made an old(ish) guy extremely happy.
Also I no longer get the "you've wasted your money on that"....From guess who !!!...Bless !!!! ;D ::) :-[ ;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 01:11:13 AM by yamamans »

Offline nelimima

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2017, 09:48:11 AM »
I am glad it finally worked! These keyboards are really good! Enjoy your new synth!  8)

Offline yamamans

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2017, 11:45:44 AM »
Thanks nelimina,the keyboard was bought for a retirement project to keep the 'old grey matter's active...Well it's certainly going to do that !!! ???
P.S...Nice sounds are starting to emerge....Just hope I can sort out a good Glen Miller programme !!!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:48:38 AM by yamamans »

Offline yamamans

Re: Struggling !!...latest
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2017, 10:41:20 AM »
Just to keep you all In the loop,my progress on my new PSR EW 400 is now coming on leaps and bounds, slowly it's all starting to make sence....Can't thank you all enough...And what a BRILLIANT FORUM this is..... :D

Offline JacobiteJake

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2017, 11:44:02 AM »
Hi Guys

Just wanted to also thank you all for the support here, I've just purchased an EW400 as a present to myself.  I had an old Casio WK1800, it was a good solid keyboard but the sounds were not so good.  I never found the time to use it and now that I do have the time, I thought I'd get a shiny new model that easily connects to my computer and the like.  The sounds are great and you can really hear the difference with the live piano.  I love the arpeggios, although it's a shame you can't make your own arpeggio patterns  :(

Thanks again Guys and I'll definitely keep popping in for more tips, tricks and guidance.

Kindest regards

David

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2017, 01:32:25 PM »
If you're connecting your PSR-EW400 to your computer, you should be able to create your own arpeggios in a DAW-- I think. I've never tried doing that myself, but I know that some DAWs have built-in arpeggio functions, and if the DAW you use doesn't have that then there are probably third-party plugins availble to do it.

Anyway, welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy all the wonderful expert advice and useful resources that this place has to offer. :)
Michael Rideout