Author Topic: Thought I'd say woops !!  (Read 839 times)

Offline yamamans

Thought I'd say woops !!
« on: February 01, 2017, 10:53:37 AM »
Hi again to all,I am a total newbie (oldie)....I did a brief introduction of myself in the wrong place on the forum !!
Sorry guys and guyesse's...
The recent acquisition of my new psr ew 400..After a lull of a number of years,my musical interest started many years ago on a shopping trip to Milton Keynes when Chappies of Bond Street had one of their music stores here.
It was great to hear a top of the range Electone HS 8 being beautifully played, thought I'd love to play like that...And ended up buying a well played YAMAHA B805...But it got me playing.
I went for a few lessons but the guy teaching me moved away..So I had to go it alone....
I did my first gig(noise) at a pub,I was absolutely petrefied..I played faceing the wall..But I actually got paid !!
We then (Mrs& me)moved due work and again I ended up playing in  Cantonese restaurant...Well that was different !!..Lol
We then sold up and moved to the Costa Blanca,both working out there,me working in property sales,the Mrs working in a vetenary practice !!...Well word got around and before long I was doing gigs in clubs and clubs...On a very basic psr keyboard,and prior to us coming back to the UK I did my final gig to 400 people for their Christmas party...Well that was over ten years ago...And through joined fault but my own didn't bother with anything musical.. Although I did get given an Electone HS 7...But never really did much on it,but I was intrigued by these new keyboards and bought a new psr ew 400...WOW!!..How technology has progressed....I'm really struggling to find my way around it..So please anyone out there willing to give me some helpful tips I would be more than grateful
Thanks for reading.....Best regards to all.... Chris :D

Offline SeaGtGruff

Re: Thought I'd say woops !!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 12:55:00 PM »
Welcome, Chris! Don't worry about which subforum you posted in; the moderators can always move a post to a different subforum if they think it's for the best. :) And sometimes a post might fit under multiple subforums at once-- e.g., it could go under a particular keyboard model, as well as a particular feature function. Anyway, it sounds like you have a fair bit of musical experience, so I'm sure you'll fit right in regardless of which subforums you feel like mingling in on any given day! ;)
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Thought I'd say woops !!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 01:54:22 PM »
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum.  I noticed that you once owned an Electone HS-7, which is a really great organ.  I still own and play two Electone HS-8T organs, which still produce some fantastic sounds.  I bought the first one in 1987 the first year that Yamaha released it.  I bought the second one used, for parts, for about $300 and it's still in perfect condition, as well as my original HS-8T.  The only thing I've done to both of them was to replace the O Rings in the foot pedals.

You'll find all the help you'll need here for your PSR-EW400 keyboard on the forum.  You've already met Michael and will find his advice most valuable.

You'll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.
http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:
http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

We're so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page