Author Topic: PSR EW 400..?  (Read 999 times)

Offline yamamans

PSR EW 400..?
« on: February 01, 2017, 10:10:23 AM »
Hello,any o e out there got any comments on the above Yamaha keyboard?,I've only had mine a week and I am finding it a bit tough.....But I totally enjoy trying to sort it out  :-\

Offline Music Matters

Re: PSR EW 400..?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 08:15:26 PM »
A fantastic keyboard! I have joined this forum today to learn more about this keyboard. One of my adult students, Wendy, has asked for help in sifting through the manual so she can use the special effects of her keyboard.  I downloaded the manual onto my ipad and we can enlarge the information to make it easier to read at lesson together.
This may help you also as the print in the paper manual is very small.
"Two heads are better than one", says Wendy, and she is right. Do you have access to a keyboard teacher who you can work together with?
We have discovered how to make and recover registrations and also how to record individual tracks, layering the style then the melody over the top, just in our first 2 lessons. Big smiles and clapping!!
My homework this week is to see if we can add more Auto Fill Ins to the keyboard selections, so if you can help me with this I would be grateful. Wendy needs more Fill Ins than are readily available with the Fill In button.

Online SeaGtGruff

Re: PSR EW 400..?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 08:34:06 PM »
I second the recommendation about downloading the PDF version of the manual. Not only can you zoom in to a more comfortable font size, but it's a lot easier to find specific information in the manual when you can use the Find (CTRL-F) command to search for a given word or phrase.

With regard to Style variations and fill-ins, the PSR-E/YPT and DGX/YPG models are limited to two Intros, two Mains, two Fill-Ins, and two Endings. What you could do is make two copies of a particular style file and edit them so one copy has two of the four variations (e.g., A and B), and the other copy has the other two variations (e.g., C and D). Of course, the variations would need to be moved in the style file so each file contains variations A and B. Then you could save two Registrations, one that uses the first style file, and one that uses the second style file, so you can switch between the two sets of variations.

I hope that wasn't too convoluted to follow! :)
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443