Author Topic: Can we create our own Audio Styles from WAV or MP3 samples?  (Read 6679 times)

Offline GTS

Can we create our own Audio Styles from WAV or MP3 samples?
« on: January 07, 2017, 08:51:14 PM »
Hello,

I am trying to create the rhythm parts in a new styles using my own WAV or MP3 samples. So far, I have had some luck doing this if the WAV files are converted to REX files using ReCycle and using YEM. The REX files work to a limited extend and I believe that if there is a way to use the sample Audio WAV instead of the REX, the overall performance would be better. I have been looking at this for a while and is no much further ahead in understanding what to do.

This Yamaha.com link http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/musical-instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-s950/10345/8357/ shed some light but I am no further ahead.

I am hoping to get some help from the forum members to solve or better understand this topic.

TIA
GTS....

Offline anandmaloo

Re: Can we create our own Audio Styles from WAV or MP3 samples?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 09:04:57 PM »
Hi,

I have recently upgraded from T3 to Genos and am looking at the possibility of creating audio styles from lot of wav and RX2 loops that I have. I believe you had done successfully. Can you help me through how to do it or provide a link wherein I can study about it

Regards

Anand

Offline Enildo

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 04:49:33 AM »
Hi friend Anand!

Here in Brazil the staff discovered a way to put any audio loop (Drums, guitars, acordeons, etc) on any channel (from track 9 to 16).
The quality of the loops is much higher than the voices recorded on the keyboard, especially the guitars.
It looks like the guitarist is playing live on the speakers.

Hug,
Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 08:35:44 PM »
I get this style from onboard S970 but not with audio :D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline GTS

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 10:45:24 PM »
Hi,

I have recently upgraded from T3 to Genos and am looking at the possibility of creating audio styles from lot of wav and RX2 loops that I have. I believe you had done successfully. Can you help me through how to do it or provide a link wherein I can study about it

Regards

Anand

Hi Anand,

I am now see this post. In this post, http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,36922.0.html - Marcus provided some very nice details. If this does not cover what you are looking for, please let me know and I will walk you through the steps I am using. With the limitations of very few usable Indian sounds in the Yamaha community, I have found Rx2 files to be extremely useful. Let me know and we can go from there.

GTS...