Author Topic: mfc10  (Read 1110 times)

Offline HVYamaha

• HVYamaha
  • Asst. Member
  • A life without music is no life at all
mfc10
« on: December 23, 2016, 09:51:24 AM »
Hello, I like to know of it is possible to control dsp variation and voice Harmony with a mfc10?

Re: mfc10
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 11:59:44 PM »
Yes it is possible, it's just to program the buttons for the yamahas mcf 10, go to funktion and midi, it has its own setup.

Merry Christmas // Pierre
YAMAHA Genos, YAMAHA MFC10 Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch

Offline HVYamaha

• HVYamaha
  • Asst. Member
  • A life without music is no life at all
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 03:30:53 AM »
Hi Pierre, thanks for the reply. Now I can try to find one that is not to expensive. Merry Chistmas to you too from Holland

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 09:11:40 AM »
The usual (and by far the simplest) way to use an MFC10, is to use a specific MIDI function built into the keyboard, which once set up listens for the notes transmitted by the MFC10 when it's foot switches are pressed.

Unfortunately, as far as I know this function is only available on the 9000/9000 pro, and the various Tyros models.

Your post does not indicate which keyboard model you want to use the MFC10 with,  but since you posted in the PSR-3000/1500 board, I assume that you have one of these.

I don't have a PSR-3000, but I can't find any reference to using an MFC10 in the keyboard's 'Owner's Manual', so I suspect that it does not contain the function.

You will notice that Pierre has a Tyros5, and I think that his reply relates to this keyboard.

However you can assign the two functions that you mentioned (DSP variation and Voice Harmony) to the two pedal inputs on the 3000, and just use simple foot switches.

Unfortunately the pedal assignments will revert back to their defaults (Sustain and Volume) each time that you turn off the power.  This is the case even on the latest keyboards (Yamaha seem reluctant to give us the ability to set personal preferences for parameters like this which could then be loaded each time the keyboard is switched on), so many users make a registration containing such preferences and load this each time they switch on.

If you really intend to use an MFC10 with a 3000 or 1500, I would check with your local Yamaha Technical Support first, because it is quite an expensive piece of kit!

Regards

Ian

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 03:13:50 AM »
I did not see which instrument you have, MFC 10 may not suit your instrument, Sorry.
// Pierre
YAMAHA Genos, YAMAHA MFC10 Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch