Author Topic: Just Joined so 'Hello' to you all !  (Read 1583 times)

Offline DC

• Supporter
  • PSR S-970 owner and beginner looking to improve
Just Joined so 'Hello' to you all !
« on: December 18, 2016, 08:17:31 AM »
Hi Everyone - My name is David, at 54, a humble 'beginner' keyboard player but one who loves the Yamaha range of keyboards. My close friend of 17 years Chris Hopkins (Resident organist in the Blackpool Tower Ballroom) has a Tyros 5 which is way ahead of me so he recommended the S-970. I treated myself to one in January 2016 and simply 'Love It'  :). In truth I have found the two 'Owners' and 'Reference' manuals quite hard going so have defaulted to 'YouTube' to help me find my way around the S-970 and I am still learning !!. I find watching someone doing something far batter than trying to understand the Manual's. Ironically, having attained Grade 5 Violin at School back in 1979 I seem to have developed a 'Play by sound' ability over the 'post school' years, so play many S-970 pieces in this way, as near to the original tune but not strictly to the written key / music....but it is working, so long may it continue!. I may not contribute much to this forum in my early stages, but I am genuinely looking forward to learning so much from you all.
With very best wishes to you all.
Sincerely
David

Online Roger Brenizer

Re: Just Joined so 'Hello' to you all !
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 06:10:16 PM »
Hi David,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  Your close friend, Chris Hopkins, has certainly recommended a good keyboard in the PSR-S970.  I'm sure you're going to learn a great deal about your keyboard here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You'll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.
http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

We're so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  There are many members here who are always willing and eager to help you.

Merry CHRISTmas and Happy New Year to you, your family and all of your friends.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline Ed B

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 06:19:46 PM »
Welcome David
Very good to have you join us.
Seasons best
Ed B
Keep on learning

Offline Del B

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 11:28:58 PM »
welcome to group David, you will find the members here very helpful, and you could not have picked a better group

regards

Del

Offline Ray Eyden

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 10:25:01 AM »
Hi David

Welcome aboard!

:)
All the Best
Ray

Derby England

Offline Gloria

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 10:57:10 AM »

WELCOME TO PSR  DAVID!  LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR FIRST POST & PLEASE DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT!  WE'VE ALL STARTED KEYBOARD PLAYERS AS BEGINNERS!   ;D
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 04:08:15 AM »
Hi David,

You have a wonderful instrument to play. Congratulations.

Your experience on the violin will come in handy while your trying to master the psr s970.

We all had to start from somewhere when we acquired a keyboard and the learning process is so valuable.

I hope you will have a wonderful Christmas and play some Christmas music for family and friends.

You've joined a forum brimming with the most helpful and knowledgeable people.

Enjoy your music making forever.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Tyros 5 - 61
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000 and others.

Offline DC

• Supporter
  • PSR S-970 owner and beginner looking to improve
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 10:49:44 AM »
Thank you everyone that have replied or just read my 1st 'Intro' post - really appreciate your time. By following various posts and 'links' I have been able to upate my PSR S970 to version 1.6, have now a Music Finder that has 1600 + tunes (from its 123 original) and been able to download my 1st Free 'Expansion Pack' using my USB Memory Stick from Laptop to Keyboard, unzipping files, as a trial to see if I was doing it all correct. Happy to say that so far the above has worked, so again a huge 'thanks' to those whose posts have helped a keen 'newbie'....believe me, that was a major hurdle for me to get over !.
Very Best Wishes and belated Happy New Year to you all :)