Author Topic: multipads problem  (Read 1212 times)

Offline walletss

multipads problem
« on: December 04, 2016, 08:08:14 PM »
 >:(.  I have a psr970 and I think it's great, but I have a problem with creating my own multipads.  I create pad one and then I want to listen to pad 1 and record pad 2 at the same time.  As soon as I hit the record button for pad 2, pad 1 stops sounding and I can't coordinate the two of them. Is that how it's meant to be or am I doing something wrong?

Offline EileenL

Re: multipads problem
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 04:16:40 AM »
No that is how it works. You can use the metronome but the style also plays so you can keep in time.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 07:22:06 AM »
One option is to record a midi for subsequent tracks, then use a utility to convert to a pad.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 08:25:28 AM »
Another option is to use Style Creator, which gives you more control when recording style parts than Multi Pads Creator does when recording Pads.

Save the style and then use PadMaker to convert your style to a Multi Pad.

You can find PadMaker here:  http://psrtutorial.com/MB/padmaker.html

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline walletss

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 05:14:49 PM »
Thanks all  for your help. I will give padmaker a try.
I think  not allowing one pad to sound while recording another is an oversight by Yamaha, but never mind.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 06:02:48 PM »
I agree with you, but if you stay with Yamaha, you will soon realise that it is what Yamaha want that makes it through to production rather than what their customers think!

Even when they make a complete 'cock up', they will never ever admit it, and will always try to hide any 'corrections' in a software update!

I assume that it is a 'Japanese' thing!

Regards

Ian 

Offline Joe H

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 06:54:39 PM »
I think they are just slow to get it.  The Multi Pads have such wonderful potential.  We should be able to record them with all the same capabilities as recording styles and equally important... we should have all the same editing capability for Multi Pads in the Mixing Console as we do for Songs and Styles.

But we can be thankful for Michael's PadMaker and PadMaker-Midi programs and for Thomas' StyleMagic, which allows in-depth editing of styles and Multi Pads. To edit Multi Pads in StyleMagic you can first load the file into MixMaster and then... GO TO StyleMagic, or you can change the extension on the Multi Pad file from .pad to .mid.  Once a Multi Pads is loaded into StyleMagic, the editing is far more extensive than what we have available in the keyboard Mixing Console.

Joe H
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 06:55:41 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html