Author Topic: Recording connected devices  (Read 701 times)

Offline Rod

Recording connected devices
« on: November 07, 2016, 08:28:06 AM »
I have recently acquired a Montage 7, which has no amplifier or speakers of its own, so I routed its outputs to the Tyros Line In ports to employ the Tyros amp/speakers. Also MIDIed them together, Montage Out to Tyros In. Works fine, but no way to save the often splendid mixed sounds. But I thought I could record them, and indeed the Manual says I can. Only it doesn't work. I use the MIDI recorder, everything sets up as normal, and start playing (on the Montage) - but on play-back all I get is the Tyros voice. The Manual specifically says that external devices using the 'Line In' ports of the Tyros can be recorded - so can anyone suggest where I'm going wrong, please?

Rod

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Recording connected devices
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 08:36:31 AM »
Hi Rod,

The signal at your Tyros3 Line In ports is AUDIO, not MIDI, and as such can be recorded to the HDD Audio recorder but not to the MIDI Song recorder.

Regards

Ian.

Offline Rod

Re: Recording connected devices
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 01:31:23 AM »
Hello Ian, and thanks! As simple as that - it never occurred to me as I'm using MIDI to get the mix, and the Manual doesn't mention that either!  I'll give that a go when next musicing ...

Rod