Author Topic: Upgrade to Tyros 3 from psr3000?  (Read 1179 times)

Offline ChristerLun

Upgrade to Tyros 3 from psr3000?
« on: November 06, 2016, 12:32:49 PM »
I thinking of  upgrading and now a Tyros 3 (no speakers) is in reach at right price I think (800euro).
Is it a good upgrade or is it to small step today?

Tyros 4 is a lot more money, but maybe a 950 is in budget?
Or will Tyros 6 come soon and Tyros 4 comes down in price.

How does T3 keep up by today's standards?
My 3000 is good, but after 5 years I feel like I need a upgrade soon, not sure if I need just want  ;) wife says I don't need or want it at all ::)
Will a T3 feel like I need a upgrade soon again after listening to all of you in "Songs played by members"?

Any standard problems to check? He seems a Little to eager, but maybe he just need money :-\

Advise please ???

Offline ChristerLun

Re: Upgrade to Tyros 3 from psr3000?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 01:25:54 PM »
Well, I spent a few nights reading and I decided to get it :D

I now have a Tyros 3!  ;D

I been playing for 15 minutes maybe, then family came home... But it seems to work as far as I can tell.
It is different from my 3000, not sure I like it better but I guess that after a few hours I will. The 3000 feels "smoother and more nimble" and Tyros feel more solid.

First impression is that psr 3000 is real good when I'm not sure if a tyros 3 is much better  8)
But of course I hear that it has better sounds, but not that much as I expected. My opinion after this moments is that I am glad I didn't switch when Tyros was brand new, considering the money in between then. But I am sure I will find much more value as I learn to use it  ;)

The man i bought it from had a 950 before, his opinion was that the T3 was better. Well he was selling the T3 to me so who knows... He was getting a Korg instead now.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 04:03:29 AM »
Tyros 3 is a very good keyboard. Give yourself time and read the manual and you will be surprised what you can do.

Offline KenM

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 08:28:37 AM »
I too have just upgraded to the Tyros 3 from my Tyros 2.  Also did own the PSR 3000 prior to these.  I can say the Tyros is way, way better than the PSR 3000. I cannot imagine you being disappointed in the Tyros. Enjoy, Ken

Offline JSK

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 02:12:40 AM »
Hi
I have played the Tyros 3 now for about 4 years after playing the PSR3000 and I must say that there are a significant difference.

The T3 has more functions and settings.

About the sound feeling it depends not only on the T3 but certainly the amplifier and not least the lout speakers and the settings as EQ and CMP. I am surprised what I have achieved by switching to the T3 from my PSR3000. Study the PSR Tutorial Lessons about settings and more  ;)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all  :)

Best regards
Jørgen
Jørgen Sommer - Tyros 3