Author Topic: Introduction of Lars  (Read 929 times)

Offline lars

Introduction of Lars
« on: September 23, 2016, 11:34:33 AM »
Hi everyone.  My name is Lars Nelson. I live in Mission Texas.  I just bought my 1st keyboard.  It is PSR E 433.  I have always played Bass Guitar by ear and do not read music. I have never played keyboard but always wanted to.  I am hoping you folks can help me get started. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  What's the best way to get started without taking piano lessons.  Lars.

Online Roger Brenizer

Re: Introduction of Lars
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 12:10:00 PM »
Hi Lars,

Welcome to the forum and this great keyboard website.  Congratulations on your purchase of the PSR-E433 keyboard.

There are a myriad of online piano courses.  These websites get mentioned here frequently the opinions on the benefits vary widely.  Just go online and find something that may sound interesting to you.  Then return to the forum and post your questions relative to that particular course in an appropriate board and there should be many members willing to help you, including myself.

You will need to learn left hand chords, so I would suggest you do an online search for The Pointer System Books, which is a method to rapidly learn left hand chords.  Of course, you can always play single fingered chords too, but I think you will derive more pleasure from your new pastime by learning to play real chords.

You'll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.
This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, other forum boards will be available to you as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge.

We're glad that you decided to become a member.  If you have any other questions, then please just ask.  There are many members here willing and eager to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 02:00:07 PM »
Hello Lars,

Welcome to the forum.

I too play bass and guitar by ear and made the transition to keyboard as well. The best tip I can give is use the keyboard's transpose KEY like a capo on the guitar. That way you only have to learn to play in the key of C by Ear. I use the Single finger chord feature (2 for a minor) which makes it possible to get to the wheel to do the guitar string bends as I use my right hand to play the guitar and peddle steel voices most of the time.

Regards
Drake

Offline Ed B

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 07:07:21 PM »
Welcome Lars
In addtion to the suggestions you have take a look at the chord tutorial on the main site. You will find it very helpful.
http://psrtutorial.com/music/chords.html
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning