Author Topic: whats the max gb hard drive to install in tyros1  (Read 1894 times)

henry121

whats the max gb hard drive to install in tyros1
« on: September 07, 2016, 04:00:58 AM »
cheers
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:38:03 AM by henry121 »

Offline Fred Smith

Re: whats the max gb hard drive to install in tyros1
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 06:51:24 AM »
cheers

Who cares?  You'll never come close to using it all whatever you install.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 10:32:45 AM »
I think I had around a 40Gb in mine but it is a long time ago so can't remember exactly.

Offline jerryghr

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 11:18:06 AM »
This is a legitimate question for a person owning a Tyros1, since the Tyros 1 did not come with a hard drive.

It was an option.  Anyone wishing to purchase a drive would want to know what the max size is, since prices have dropped significantly and would like to purchase the largest drive available.

I have seen them advertised for the Tyros 1 at 120 GB however I believe it has been tested up  100 GB.

Regards,

Jerryghr
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 11:20:55 AM by jerryghr »

Offline FredrikC

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 12:49:25 PM »
This is a legitimate question for a person owning a Tyros1, since the Tyros 1 did not come with a hard drive.

It was an option.  Anyone wishing to purchase a drive would want to know what the max size is, since prices have dropped significantly and would like to purchase the largest drive available.

I have seen them advertised for the Tyros 1 at 120 GB however I believe it has been tested up  100 GB.

Regards,

Jerryghr

The real question is how much would he use?  Just because it supports a certain amount of space doesn't mean that he'd actually use that much.

On a different board, I asked about the size of a second SSD for a Korg Kronos.  1 Terrabyte SSDs are available and work on the keyboard.  However, one of the replies was that, even using the sixteen track audio recording, etc., they had problems imagining using more than 250 Gig.

Adding a bigger drive won't cost a lot of money, but if the space won't be used, that extra money could be used to buy stuff from PSRtutorial.com.
Fred

Yamaha: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, DX-7, SY-99 (last two in attic)
Other: Kronos2 88, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, eMu MPS (also in attic)
RCM Certificates: Advanced Rudiments

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 01:39:38 PM »
I understand he buy's our styles from Ebay.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 06:03:43 PM »
I still have the backup of my Tyros 1 files I stored on the optional 30Gb drive that was available with it. There are 15,813 files (mostly styles and midis) totaling less than 1.2 Gb.

Unless you are planning on using the drive as an external device to some other computer, you will never fill up any available hard drive with the files the keyboard supports, as it doesn't support MP3 or WAV files.

Buy the cheapest one you can find. It will be more than ample.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 11:22:59 PM »
I understand he buy's our styles from Ebay.
... And make them a giveaway here in the Forum ... :-(

Frank
Tyros Support in Germany