Author Topic: New Member from the UK  (Read 1777 times)

Offline Stone Message

New Member from the UK
« on: August 22, 2016, 05:32:13 AM »
Hi Everyone.

I am UK based and an absolute novice. I have already discovered some fantastic resources here and I am grateful to everyone who has contributed to this wealth of information.

I am hoping to get a Yamaha PSR S770 - I cannot afford (or do justice to) the S970 but want great sound and some little helpers to let me produce something reasonable early on.

For the UK people reading this - who would you rate as the best web based supplier of the S770?

Peter
Forgive me I am a video producer and a novice keyboard player

Offline Graham UK

Re: New Member from the UK
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 07:47:04 AM »
Suggest you search web keyboard shops to get some 770 quotes, then go to your nearest dealer and say you would prefer to buy from him and can he match this price.
Being a beginner you will be then free to return to your local shop to ask a load of questions you will for sure want to ask.

graham uk
T2 + NP30

Offline Pigletboy

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 08:54:09 AM »
Hi Peter,
I purchased a PSR-S670 online from Rimmers Music last September and it arrived two days later exactly as described, no problems. They are advertising the S770 with a 5 year guarantee for £869 at the moment, including stand, bench, headphones and 30 online lessons.
Pigletboy

Offline Stone Message

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 10:34:26 AM »
Many thanks for that - a 5 year warranty is certainly a good idea. I can make use of the headphones too.

I will be building an enclosure/stand for the keyboard with a matching stool so will not need the other bits (ebay or maybe they can do a deal on an iPad lead).

Cheers.

Peter

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 10:58:08 AM »
Hi Peter,

Welcome to the best Yamaha Keyboard Group of the World ! :)

Congratulations with your S770 purchase !
It is a wonderful keyboard ... I am very pleased and happy with mine.  :)

Best regards from The Netherlands, Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline Stone Message

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 11:23:44 AM »
Hi Jeff

I have yet to try the 770 in a shop as it is difficult to find one with it in stock. When I do find one they will be given a chance to accept me as a customer  ;).

We travel to The Netherlands every year (a fantastic country with lovely people) for the cycling - perhaps I will take my new keyboard with me (when I get it).

Peter

Online Roger Brenizer

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 12:33:18 PM »
Hi Peter,

Welcome to the forum.  I wish you well in your search for and ultimate purchase of a PSR-S770 keyboard.  It sounds as though you have already found your way around our website, but as a reminder only, here is a link to the Home page
of the website:
http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, other forum boards will become available to you at that time; however, there is no obligation to do so.

We're very glad to have you as a new member.  If you have any questions, please just ask.  There are many knowledgeable members here that will be more than willing to help you.

Thank you for deciding to become a member of this great website.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline GregBooth

• Innocent Bystander
  • PSR-S670, Violin
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 06:01:49 AM »
Hi Peter,
   My vote goes to Rimmers also, I got my S670 for £453 with stand and headphones in January (though they've gone up in price now!), plus you can't beat that 5 year warranty.

Not sure I would like to cart one round the Netherlands though!

Greg.

Offline Stone Message

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 06:59:17 AM »
Well, I have done it - I now have the amazing PSR S770  :)

Thank you for the advice about Rimmers. My problem is that they are far too far away to visit and I had to try the keyboard before purchasing. So I went to Absolute Music in the Poole/Bournemouth area. They were the only shop with an S770 in stock within a sensible distance of my home. Also, the Rimmers price was the normal £869 and they were including a cheap and cheerful stand, stool and low end headphones. I had sent them an email asking about adjusting the deal but they failed (and have still failed) to reply.

Absolute Music had no included extras on their web site but they did sweeten the deal by adding a foot pedal (£49) and an IPad cable (£55). I did mentioned the Rimmers deal. I paid the normal £869 and the guarantee period is 3 years. I was very impressed with the staff, especially Chris who looked after me, and I would not hesitate to recommend them to my very best friend.

The Absolute Music store is on the edge of a trading estate (some large shops there too) and is the largest and most well stocked music shop that I have ever visited. If you want a guitar then they are very likely to have the exact model that you want in stock. They have a great café and loos !

Anyway, I have been having some super fun with the S770. I have installed my free Style/Voice expansion pack and also, thanks to this PSR group, I have a very exciting set of Music Finder entries - many thanks to everyone who put in so much effort for the benefit of the rest of us.

I am a Beatle fan and would love to have a complete set of Music Finder entries for their full song list - anyone know of such a thing?

Cheers.

Peter

Offline Pigletboy

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 08:46:56 AM »
Glad you've got your S770 Peter!
I might check out Absolute Music sometime, Bournemouth's not too far from me. I like wandering round music shops - PMT near Portsmouth (used to be called Nevada Music from what I remember) is great for a browse, it's huge! Mostly guitars but also keyboards, and they're happy to let you have a play!
Pigletboy