Author Topic: Protect Sticker Tyros 5  (Read 11119 times)

Offline frankmusik

Protect Sticker Tyros 5
« on: August 20, 2016, 02:59:15 AM »
Dear T5 Users, on request of T5 Players I made the T5 Stickers adhesiv (so Stickers without glue that are removable in 1 Second..) the older one had glue like regular "Stickers"...

I know a lot of Keyboard Player will never need them ... but a lot have the "moon" alredy around the volume knob :-) like this Picture:

Here is the Video of the new adhesivs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so9JJUsBwE4

Thanks for your Feedback.

greetings from germany
frank

Tyros Support in Germany

Offline sunny

Re: Protect Sticker Tyros 5
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 10:33:32 AM »
I need this sticker.I'm from India.Please let me know how can i get this sticker.

Thanks,
Sunny

NETWORK1

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 12:35:00 PM »
Very Good Frank
apparently its caused by the ACIDS in our Fingers.

Great for getting a better price,when selling an old tyros .

« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 12:39:02 PM by ★ B.A.B.E.ô© »

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 04:01:50 PM »
@babe not acid only ... Nails! ...    and perhaps changing the Volume only 100times a day :-)
I See musicians changing VOL 5-10 Times per Song.... It's sometimes like Smoking ...

You don't Need a Sticker when using FC 7!

@sunny we send it all over the World .. Send me a Mail
Frank
Tyros Support in Germany

Offline Joe H

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 05:10:35 PM »
Frank,

Where can I get this material in larger sheets.  I have been thinking about doing this sort of thing on my PSR S970 around the LIVE CONTROL knobs.  They must be adjusted constantly because we cannot save the knob settings in a registration or any other way.  I am beginning to see some faint marks around the knobs and would like to apply a plastic protector... maybe even over the Pitch Bend and Modulation Wheels too.

But maybe for now 2 of those rings would work for the 2 knobs, better... the sheet for the Tyros USB slot would be big enough to cover the area of the 2 knobs.  I can punch the holes to fit correctly.

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 05:15:10 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 05:29:10 PM »
@joe
I am preparing the 970 Stickers Already ...
- Volume
- live Control

I Write it when they are ready , you had to check them and get Yours for  free. :-)
Frank
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 10:43:24 PM by frankmusik »
Tyros Support in Germany

Offline Joe H

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 07:23:33 PM »
Thank you Frank... your the man!

:)

Kind Regards,
Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 07:55:05 AM »
I made my way. And the use of an adhesive wrap covering the entire region. It really increases the efficiency and aesthetics.

Tyros 5 with MUTEC 2Gb + Roland RD-300NX

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 08:09:20 AM »
A lot of people use the sliders to control volume. I hardly ever touch my volume control knob.

NETWORK1

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 08:34:42 AM »
You never praise anyone
or give them a " like "  for their efforts

Offline Udo

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 09:36:36 AM »
Hi Frank ,

what an excellent idea !!

Cheers
Udo

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 09:37:43 AM »
Frank
nice video, nice product.  Please let me know where/how to buy it . . . .

Do you have more for other keyboard areas . . . . ?  how do you do this . . .  ? 

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Rumocool

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 11:02:27 AM »
I made my way. And the use of an adhesive wrap covering the entire region. It really increases the efficiency and aesthetics.

Hi Snicker, nice sticker  ;D but I really suggest you to put another cover over your keyboard, I think this is the worst that u can use.

Rudolf

HSL

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 12:03:24 PM »
The problem is clearly due to a design flaw. If you use plastic coloured en masse, instead of sprayed on the surface, you do not have the problem.

White and black keys, which are constantly hit hard by your fingers and nails do not have this problem. Simply because the plastic has been coloured with the pigment put into the melting pot.

The grey of the Tyros is also horrible. I do not undersrand why they do not make the keyboards all black: much more professional. Like the DSLR cameras, and I have never seen a DSLR with those discoloured surface marks...... Even after years of constant use, always in your hands.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2016, 01:36:54 PM »
Well all plastic housing will mark up in some manner... even black or dark grey.  If nothing more than get "polished" and smooth with time from endless rubbing of the surface.  I saw this with my black PSR 510, and the silver S910. 

Even though I'm careful, I'm beginning to see the slight appearance of rings around the Live Control knobs of my S970 which has a dark grey plastic (not painted) because they get used a lot.  A replaceable clear film seems like a practical solution.  I've installed a screen protector over the display just to prevent any scratches even though it's not a touch screen, there ia always the possibility of dropping something on it or hitting it by accident.

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 01:38:31 PM by Joe H »

Offline Cosmorot

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 01:09:59 AM »
I rarely use the volume. But I like your keyboard. And for the permanent of look I would love to get stickers. How can I get them?

HSL

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 11:11:45 AM »
Well all plastic housing will mark up in some manner... even black or dark grey.  If nothing more than get "polished" and smooth with time from endless rubbing of the surface.  I saw this with my black PSR 510, and the silver S910. 

Quality plastic housing will NOT mark up.

I have a Nikon D40 DSLR (actually I have 2). Since 2007 I have shot maybe ~ 50 thousands pics. The camera is always in your hand, even when you are not pressing the shooting button. I have travelled around the world with it, most of the time you have it in your hands all the day while walking around and visiting.

It is still brand new, without any sign if wear (the surface is textured like an orange skin). It is indistinguishable from a brand new canera. And yet it is black (thank goodness!) plastic. And even the labels and icons (most of the time on the buttons you press all the time) are perfect.

So there is plastic and plastic. Quality plastic and el-cheapo plastic. They are not created equal.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 11:54:16 AM »
HSL,

Apples and oranges... this discussion is about arranger keyboard housings not cameras.

You just like to argue about everything.  And it gets old after awhile.  And don't tell me that Yamaha could be using the same material as the camera housing because they are not going to do it.

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 03:09:53 PM by Joe H »

Offline pieterpan

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 12:10:37 PM »
Hi,

Is there a T4 version - it's a bit different than T5.

Regards <> Piet
Yamaha Tyros 4 - Yamaha KX 25 - Gem WSII module

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 12:45:18 PM »
Hi Joe H,

Very well said.  You, myself and other members I've heard from, in the past, are growing very weary of HSL's negative comments.  It might serve our great community very well if he were to make positive contributions to the forum, rather than stir unrest among our members.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2016, 12:59:44 AM »
@cosmo
I sell them directly (just send a PM I collect the orders  .. paypal is fine) and on ebay.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Fur-YAMAHA-Tyros-5-Keyboard-Sticker-USB-Slot-Volumen-Schutzsticker-ohne-Kleber-/201622407908?hash=item2ef1a1cae4:g:dwgAAOSwYSlXhfSC

@Piet
I sell the "Hear The Difference" Sticker (white/blue) and the Volume-Sticker, both with glue!!!
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Fur-YAMAHA-Tyros-4-Keyboard-Sticker-Hear-the-difference-Volumenschutz-k0914-/201478914101?hash=item2ee9144035:g:F4UAAOSwv-NWYdUI

I try to build the "The Diff." Sticker also adhesive without glue. 
.. Iīm on it :-) 

frank
Tyros Support in Germany

Offline seaside

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2016, 02:00:56 AM »
Hi,I am not so dexterous as I used to be,but can easily manage not to rub the surrounding area of the volume control,using my fingertips to turn it.I think that it is a non issue with most.-Terry
Terry

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2016, 02:36:08 AM »
@Terry
BEST Thing is for sure no "Extreme Usage & no Nails"... and a VOLUME Pedal (FC-7)

But the reality is offen the other way :-)

frank
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 03:17:00 AM by frankmusik »
Tyros Support in Germany

Offline sunny

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2016, 07:41:32 PM »
Hi Frank,
    My Tyros5 Display sticker also gone.Can you make Display sticker ?I have attached the photo of the Display.

Thanks,
Sunny

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2016, 08:24:09 PM »
Hi Sunny,

I don't think that's called a display sticker.  Isn't that the protective film that was on your display when you took it out of the box?
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Offline sunny

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2016, 08:39:22 PM »
Hi Roger,
    sorry,i mean protective film.I need that film for my Tyros 4&5 .Please let me know where i can get this film?

Thanks,
Sunny
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 08:41:46 PM by sunny »

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2016, 08:54:37 PM »
Hi Sunny,

You will find packages of Screen Protectors sold in most computer stores and WalMart stores in the United States.  I realize that you're in India, so I would just Google Screen Protectors and you will find several options.  You will even find some links to sites that tell you how to make your own Screen Protectors.  I wish you well in your search.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Offline sunny

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2016, 01:42:13 AM »
Hi Roger,
         Any ready made screen protectors available for Tyros 4 &5 ?

Sunny

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2016, 02:24:47 AM »
@Sunny
just wait :-)

We are also in this!
 frank
Tyros Support in Germany

Offline sunny

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2016, 03:03:44 AM »
Frank,
     I need both stickers (display and volume control) for Tyros 4 &5. Waiting for your reply.

Sunny

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2016, 10:55:58 AM »
Hi Sunny,

As far as I know, the protective film that's in your photo and that was on your keyboard when you received it, wasn't meant to be left on your display.  I removed that film, after unpacking the keyboard from the box, over 3 years ago and my display doesn't have a scratch on it.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Offline CalUKGR

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2016, 11:56:14 PM »
Frank, I've just placed an order for these excellent stickers on ebay. My Tyros5 is still very new and in perfect condition and I'd like to do as much to keep it that way as possible!
Yamaha Genos | Roland A-800 Pro | Cubase 9 Elements | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape & Stylus RMX | Arturia Spark 2 | Yamaha APX 700II 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar

NETWORK1

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2016, 02:54:38 AM »
Hey Frank
have you ever tired to create a COMPLETE cover?
maby in sections, although it would be quite a task
it would be the ultimate protector  :)

I expect ill be selling my Tyros5 soon

Offline GedR

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2016, 04:01:16 AM »
Sunny -

What about using a cheap iPad screen protector. You would have to spend some time cutting it to the right size and the holes for the buttons but I would have thought it should be quite do-able.

GedR

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2016, 09:48:46 AM »
@GedR
Thanks for your reply
B.A.B.E. gets one cutted from me :-)

frank
Tyros Support in Germany

Offline CalUKGR

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2016, 02:37:31 AM »
Thanks, Frank - my stickers arrived today in perfect condition. Both applied without any problems - I look forward to seeing a made-to-measure Tyros 5 screen protector next! Consider me a customer-in-waiting!
Yamaha Genos | Roland A-800 Pro | Cubase 9 Elements | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape & Stylus RMX | Arturia Spark 2 | Yamaha APX 700II 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar

NETWORK1

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2016, 01:24:47 PM »
I wonder what the Tyros looks like in GOLD ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9SDS07bxT0

Offline CalUKGR

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2016, 02:18:35 AM »
I wonder what the Tyros looks like in GOLD ?

It's interesting, but not something I would do. I just wish Yamaha would have offered the T5 in a stylish black finish (as they did with the 10th Anniversary T4) instead of the silver. :(

Offline deepsae48

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2016, 03:56:06 PM »
DIY

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2016, 02:14:43 AM »
@Deapsee
Do you play ATARI 2600 on the Tyros Donkey Kong or Space Invaders :-)

--- or did you built a Stick FOR the Tyros Use?

greetings frank
Tyros Support in Germany

Offline deepsae48

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2016, 02:31:25 AM »
@ Frankmusik
It's a Pitch Bend, you can watch the demo here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8cZBD4Lhuo
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 03:04:43 AM by deepsae48 »

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2016, 03:14:15 AM »
@ Frankmusik
It's a Pitch Bend, you can see the demo here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8cZBD4Lhuo
VERY Good Demonstration that a STICK is sometimes better than a wheel!!!!
Thanks
frank
Tyros Support in Germany

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2016, 01:57:33 AM »
Who needs a sticker .

"JUST BE CAREFUL WHEN PLAYING WITH YOUR KNOB"

Offline TyrIA

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2016, 10:35:50 AM »
Hi !

I was reading  this topick and suddenly remembered that have some of the protection films for my old Motorola Defy left.
Took me 5 minutes to find and 10 minutes to cut and apply-follow the same steps as to mobile , now my T5 UNSCRATCHABLE volume knob is ready for tomorrows wedding party !!!

Good luck , TyrIA.

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2016, 11:36:16 AM »
Babes Sticker and the screen Protector Stickers are ready :-)
Greetings Frank

I do a Video and better Pics Next week
Frank
Tyros Support in Germany

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2016, 06:33:06 AM »
Thanks to B.A.B.E. for the IDEA of the "Leftside Protection T5"

They are ready!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=840nI5Q4_tQ

Also the Display Protection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=60&v=Cl2NpHxS6zI

At the moment only on ebay!
http://www.ebay.de/itm/YAMAHA-Tyros-5-Keyboard-Schutz-fur-Volumen-SA-Button-Modulation-Pitch-u-Display-/201672752830?hash=item2ef4a1febe:g:4XoAAOSwOyJX4QUA

or
for PSRTutorial Users FREE Shipping when ordering via Personal Mail here ! :-)

greetings from germany
frank
Tyros Support in Germany

Offline CalUKGR

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2016, 06:03:55 AM »
Hi frankmusik,

Can you give me a link to purchase just the Tyros 5 screen protector? I can't it anywhere! I have already purchased the volume and USB protectors. I just want to purchase the screen protector.

Many thanks.

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2016, 06:48:55 AM »
Hi frankmusik,

Can you give me a link to purchase just the Tyros 5 screen protector? I can't it anywhere! I have already purchased the volume and USB protectors. I just want to purchase the screen protector.

Many thanks.
I regular only sell the set on ebay and our shop .. but you get it :-) check your pm
greetings frank
Tyros Support in Germany

Offline adrianed

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2016, 12:07:39 AM »
Hi Frank,

I was going to purchase the volume knob area cover but in Ebay it is all in German.

There are two buttons to press to purchase bit I couldn't be sure which one to press, Cant afford to make a mess on ebay or paypal

Adrian

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2016, 05:28:27 AM »
Hi Frank,

I was going to purchase the volume knob area cover but in Ebay it is all in German.

There are two buttons to press to purchase bit I couldn't be sure which one to press, Cant afford to make a mess on ebay or paypal

Adrian
Hi Adrian, ebay usually translates ALL of our auctions to all country platforms in all languages .. so hopefully you can buy it next days in YOUR language.

Greetings and sorry for the translation delays on ebay .
frank
Tyros Support in Germany