Author Topic: Psr s950 voices don't play on Psr s910  (Read 1270 times)

Psr s950 voices don't play on Psr s910
« on: August 18, 2016, 07:18:13 AM »
Need help on to how to play Psr s950 voices (in yep file) on my Psr s910
I asked Jorgen if there was a conversion program but he said there is none and referred me to this forum
Any possible solution?
Many thanks for your help

Kirit

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Psr s950 voices don't play on Psr s910
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 10:14:56 AM »
There is no expansion memory for new wave samples in a PSR-S910, and no way of adding any.

Therefore you cannot add new voices which use new wave samples such as those in YEP packs!

Even if you could 'extract' the voices from a YEP file, you would not be able to add them to your S910.

The only voice editing that you can do on a S910 is by editing the 'Voice Set' parameters of existing preset voices.  Even if you obtain a voice from this forum or elsewhere on the internet, it will only be one of the built in (preset) voices with 'Voice Set' edits applied, no matter what the voice is called!  The file will be a small one with a '.VCE' extension which doesn't contain any wave samples, only the Voice Set parameters.

When you select such a voice on the keyboard, the original preset voice is loaded, then the voice set edits from the 'User Voice' are applied.

Although you can make significant changes to the sound of a voice by editing the voice set parameters, you may not be able to get the exact sound that you want to achieve, especially if there are no existing wave samples in the keyboard's wave ROM from a suitable voice to use as a starting point.

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: dont811, carson123mendes

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 10:29:32 AM »
Hi Ian
Thank you very much for your explanation
It is all clear to me now.
I am impressed you know the details so well.
Am I glad to be part of this forum!!!

Regards
Kirit

The following users thanked this post: dont811

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 12:35:06 PM »
Kirit,

Your best bet is to upgrade to an S950 one day when you can afford to do that.  If you go up to the S970 or a future model, the Yamaha .yep Voices will have to be purchased in the form of the new .ppi format, but the good news is that you will have more memory than the S950.

I upgraded from the S910 to the S970 and I love all the improvements and the 512MB of Expansion Memory.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: dont811

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 05:49:10 PM »
Thanks Joe
Your input noted. Will keep an eye on an upgrade