Author Topic: Hello from Philadelphia, PA USA  (Read 880 times)

Offline SandeepSaxena

Hello from Philadelphia, PA USA
« on: August 16, 2016, 06:14:33 AM »
Hello all,

I'm a music hobbyist. Have been playing the acoustic guitar for a few years.
Recently picked up interest in learning to play Keyboards.
Recently purchased a PSR keyboard. Learning on my own. Really excited to be part of this community.
There is wealth of information, tips, know how, help that I'm continually reading thru and benefiting by. Great to be part of this community. Thank you forum.

-Sandeep Saxena
sandeepsaxena77@yahoo.com.

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Hello from Philadelphia, PA USA
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 08:29:44 AM »
Hi Sandeep Saxena,

Welcome to the forum and this great community.  It sounds like you are a seasoned veteran of the guitar, which means you have a musical background and will be very beneficial in learning the keyboard.  What PSR model did your purchase?

It also sounds like you've been perusing our website for helpful tips.  Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the information and tutorials contained in the links on our Home page.

This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, other forum boards will become available to you at that time; however, there is no obligation to do so.

We're very glad to have you as a new member.  If you have any questions, please just ask.  There are many knowledgeable members here that will be more than willing to help you.

Thank you for deciding to become a member of this great website.  I'm looking forward to personally interacting with you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline SandeepSaxena

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 01:14:12 PM »
Hi Roger, Thanks for the welcome note.
I purchased the PSR s970 Keyboard. Thoroughly enjoying and discovering fascinating capabilities of this PSR each day.
I must say the electronics and technology that go into these highly capable instruments bring out powerful expression and creativity.
Iím learning at the moment. Mainly on my own.
Forming chords so far has been moderately ok.
Itís the flow, fluency, timing that need a lot of practice. In my view.
Will get there somedayÖ
:)

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 01:42:38 PM »
Hi Sandeep Saxena,

Yes, with patience and perseverance you will get there.  Timing is something we all need to work on.

If you're just beginning to learn chord formation, you might want to Google The Pointer System.  It's a very simple method of learning chord formation.  After learning this method, you'll be able to form chords without referring to a book.  I taught my mom and dad this method years ago and they had no musical background whatsoever.

If you need help with this, just let me know.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page